Well I went to bed with the hopes of going to the office this morning. I knew that I would have some awake time in the middle of the night due to the nice nap I had earlier in the day. I didn’t plan or know that there would be an internet outage in the middle of the night.
Got to sleep around my normal time. Woke up around 2a my white noise stopped playing on my Echo. I gave the command and it started right back up. I was able to go back to sleep, until it stopped again at 3a. This time I tried the command and was told the internet was out. I was wide awake. I tried to calm my racing mind but that was of little use. After about 30 minutes I tried the command for white noise again and it started. However, I didn’t fall back asleep until some time closer to 5a. I never left the bed and Rudy was there to try to help me sleep. He was out like a light.
A thunderstorm started sometime around the 4a hour and that didn’t help matters. Thunder & Rain aren’t soothing to me, just white noise.
Once I was asleep my internal alarm clock woke me at 5:30a considering that it was closer to 6a which would have been my normal waking time if I was going in. That’s when I made the call I’m working from home today and will plan to go in tomorrow. I got a little bit of extra sleep but still was up 15 minutes before 7a which is my normal waking time when I WFH.
It’s raining to beat the band, accidents are all over the place and there is plenty of thunder as well. I think it’s a happy accident that I am home. That could have saved me from an accident for all I know.
This put a kink in my plan to order a replacement hard drive today but it’s nothing I can’t do tomorrow. I don’t like to have packages sitting out while I am away. I’ve never had a porch pirate. My momma cat used to watch for them. I’d also see her in the window from the street greeting me when I came home. She was all black so it was easy to spot her unlike Rudy or Mora. Anyway I figure better safe than sorry. Of course if there is something on a Prime Day special I won’t pass that up, regardless of when it’s delivered. I believe in saving money.
I’m all caught up at work until we have our meeting just before lunch. There is another one just after lunch. Oh joy how I live for meetings. They are a complete waste of time the way we do them. I’ve got two more tomorrow as well. It’s like there is no escape.
Speaking of escape I can go back up and lay down if I so choose but I am going to try to stay in front of the computer as long as I can stand it. I really want a decent nights sleep and to make it in tomorrow. Here’s hoping that happens.
No post is complete without talking about food. I had White Cheddar Mac & Cheese with Bacon for supper. It’s a dish made by Devour and it was really good. It’s a bit too cheesy for me sometimes but last night was not one of those times. Then had an Apple Fritter for desert. Not exactly a gourmet meal but it was food to fill my belly.
I also got all of that after hours work done and was upstairs by 5:15p because I started early. With everything that happened yesterday I just felt off my game and out of sorts. Here’s hoping today is a better day.
Take care and thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment