17 September 2025

Windshield Wednesday

Today is the big day when I get some new glass.  Not really looking forward to this but I am positive I will be happier when this is behind me.  The tech has already phoned and told me right now to expect him early this afternoon.  I told him I’m here all day so no worries if something happens to go sideways on his end. 

Last night I went out to scrape off my RFID tag that I use for parking at work.  They actually charge for these so I’d like to preserve mine without having to pay for a new one.  A guy that I worked with years ago got a new car and I was always told as soon as you pull it from the windshield the tag is dead.  His car dealer managed to get it off and it worked for him.  I broke out the heat gun last night and with just the right amount of heat I was able to easily scrape it off.  Here’s hoping it still works.  If I have to get a new one that means I have to go in.  The tag isn’t required it’s more of a convenience factor.  I do have the option of using my swipe card to get into the garage. 

Yesterday morning I was working along and then poof all of the power went out.  I wondered what happened.  It took a couple minutes and things came back on.  Then on the scanner I heard that a truck hit some power lines.  Yeah that will do it.  Just glad that I didn’t have to spend long in the dark.  Sadly, I think that little zap event took out a camera I have in my bedroom.  I will know for sure a bit later today when I power it back on.  It starts out fine and connects fine but then when I stop viewing it drops off the network and looses connectivity.  I only use it to spy on the cats when I am away at times.  I got it mostly back when Gator was here by herself.  I can easily replace it but would just prefer that it keeps on working.  I thought unplugging it might help cool things down and it would reset.  I spent most of my lunch time yesterday fiddling with it. 

There wasn’t anything going on in the morning so I went upstairs and tried to lay down but then my phone started telling me that I had email, which was all junk until a work assignment came in and then two more followed.  I had to get up and get back to work.  The cats weren’t terribly happy about that.  Knocked out my assignments rather quickly and then had time on my hands.  I just stayed down here in front of the computer and played to bide my time until it was finally time for our boring morning meeting that went on way too long.  Sadly it was brought up about whos on WIN 11 and whos still on WIN10.  Looks like my laptop at the office will be swapped out for WIN 11.  Just hope that this doesn’t out my secret that I have been working from home.  I can connect to my laptop from home and it actually comes in handy, just used it yesterday to flush out a website connectivity issue. 

Finished the Crab Rangoon & had some Pizza for supper.  Then on to TV land and working with the windshield.  Of course the cats got their treats and Mora had to have her attention time with dad.  I grabbed a shower before turning in for the night and just like that the evening was done. 

Woke up this morning to a message that my internet was down, however it was actually working just fine.  I started work and then about 15 minutes later got a message that the issue was resolved.  Then 5 minutes later boom no connectivity.  Looks like the problem is back.  Once again thank God for my cell phone and WIFI hotspot.  I got it to connect to my desktop with a little bit of a fight.  Now just waiting for my service to be restored.  Thankfully nothing is really popping at work but still I like to be connected so I can jump in if/when needed.

Yesterday afternoon I was bored out of my mind and went surfing.  Managed to get myself super horny with my surfing.  I figured no time like the present to schedule a Man Candy post, so hopefully you are pleased come this afternoon. 

Right now I am going to relax and enjoy the calm while it lasts.  Hope it’s a great day for you and this calm I feel now lasts all day long (it won’t but no charge for dreaming).  Take care!

No comments: