06 September 2025

About Last Night

Hi and welcome in. 

I really enjoyed my ride along.  I lucked out and got paired up with a new and very young guy.  He was super cute and I caught feelings for him early on.  I was going to ask him out but something told me to wait.  We got a call and it was long and a lot of standing around.  Not to mention a ton of paperwork that took a few hours.  As the evening went on he disclosed that he was married and a Christian.  I also heard him mention later on to a colleague that his wife was after him to have a baby.  Hey he could breed me any day of the week.  So glad that I didn’t out myself and ask him out, I think that would have made things super awkward.  We were sitting around waiting for something to go down and just before it did, we got called away to a crash.  That was the end of my experience.  It was over way too fast and I’m like a junkie looking for his next fix. 

I went back today and asked about riding with the same guy tonight but was told that I would have go back through the process of submitting a request all over again.  Hey I figured the worst they could tell me was no.  I wasn’t pleased about it but understood.

I sent a thank you email to the guy that I rode with and offered to buy him a meal.  Just to perhaps strike up a friendship it can’t hurt anything.  I also have serious doubts that he will take me up on my offer but it’s out there.

Feeling a bit depressed I called my thanksgiving friends to see if perhaps we could get together.  I just wanted to be around people but that didn’t come together.  I had a short call and then I was back to being alone with the cats. 

Thinking about going back to work on Monday isn’t exactly something I look forward to but it’s something that I knew going on vacation would come around sooner than I wanted.  I haven’t looked at email or logged in since Tuesday night.  I’m sure I will be going back to all kinds of interesting things.  I am kind of burnt out and bored at work, ready for a change but the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t.  I’m super lucky to have a job and I really realize that. 

I guess I should go find something to eat.  I didn’t get supper last night and honestly it’s okay. The guy felt bad about that but it didn’t bother me.  I was all consumed with the experience.  It was difficult to fall asleep but once my meds kicked in I was out.  Trash truck woke me up this morning without fail. 

Hope all is well in your world. 

No comments: