I’ve long seen a Steak & Cheese sandwich from Stouffers in the freezer case at the grocery store. It talked about air frying so I always passed it up. This past weekend I pulled one out to see if it could be microwaved and sure enough it can. I had it for supper last night and it was so small I wished that I had a second sandwich. It was delicious and I will be grabbing a few more of these when I go back on Sunday. Nice to have something new to add to my selection pool.
The cluster project wrapped up yesterday. Someone created a problem in the process and with some trial & error I was able to fix it this morning. That felt really good to get that win under my belt.
Nothing really spectacular going on at work, just normal day to day stuff. I’ve been lending my helping hand out more since the workload doesn’t every stop for our help desk folks. Most of the time things go off with out a hitch but every once and a while I grab something that looks to be simple and it turns into a complete cluster and I wished that I wouldn’t have been helpful in the first place. Yet I keep going back for more because I like to help people.
In life I go out of the way to be a good human in the hopes that it will come back to me. Yet it seems that life isn’t exactly kind to me. The things I want and that would do wonders to help me don’t seem to happen. For some reason I have this fight response and just keep clawing and chipping away until I finally hit a dead end. I wasn’t like that until I lost my spouse and had to fight with Unions, Banks and Attorneys. That whole experience re-shaped me in that I just don’t accept no for an answer when I know that it’s possible. A lot of people stop at the first no they get and give up – most people and companies expect that but not me. It doesn’t exactly do wonders for my blood pressure but when I do get a win it feels really good.
Speaking of chipping away I am still working the dating app. Thinking about signing up on another app just to give me better odds. I know it’s more money but better odds is what I am after. I really want to find a boyfriend and if possible make some new friends as well.
We are so close to the weekend I can almost taste it. I think back to last week at this time I was so looking forward to Friday. A lot can change in a week. I’m still excited for this Friday but only because now it marks the end of the week. I’m planning on going to visit friends, visiting a buffet that I haven’t been to in a while, grabbing mail and cat food. Who knows what will actually materialize but it’s nice to have plans.
Don’t work too hard. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment