29 September 2025

Another Match

I woke up to a notification that I had another match on the first dating app I signed up on.  This guy was pretty cute and way closer to me than the other guy (or robot) that I had been chatting with.  However, he didn’t selfie verify so he couldn’t message me.  I took that as a sign something was up and chose not to engage with him.  I haven’t heard anything from the original guy I was chatting with, it’s been more than 24 hours since our last interaction.  If he messages me I will message back but otherwise I think were done. 

I was more hot and bothered from my Cracker Barrel visit last night.  I fought the urge to reach out to the guy by text.  It took a lot on my part to make that happen.  Seeing him just messes me up, which is why I stay away from that place.  I could travel to a different CB in the area to still enjoy their food but it just doesn’t seem worth it to me.  I want to go back for breakfast and interact with him again.  However, that’s me chasing after him and I’ve really done more than I should have.  I need to let this go but it’s a genuine attraction and even though I know this guy is trouble I still want to get to know him.  Plus it helps that he reminds me of Joey Mills (the gay porn star).  I don’t think that were ever gonna meet up, much less hook up. 

Outside of seeing this guy, I am still thinking about the great food I had last night.  Wish I could eat that good all the time.  Tonight I’m planning on store made Lasagna that I picked up.  It tastes wonderful but it’s super rich and I tend to eat way too much of it.  It’s got a lot of cheese and that’s the appeal. 

Got in some good snuggle time this morning with both of the cats when I went back up for a nap.  Sadly it wasn’t long before we got interrupted and I had to take care of work stuff.  Once I got that matter at work taken care of, I managed to dose off again and the phone kept waking me up. 

The fuck up ferry visited my co-worker again.  I actually saved him from something earlier this morning just because I happened to catch it but I knew that he had other issues looming and I didn’t bother to intervene.  He called me upset and asked how to un-fuck himself and I gave him instructions.  This is all because he took Friday off and didn’t plan properly. 

It’s official that my boss is on vacation.  He’s headed to Hawaii and I am a little jealous of that but mostly glad that I am free of him, his voice, dumb meetings and stupid emails.  It’s only two weeks so I will have to savor every day because it will be over with before I know it.  The good news is that I still have time to burn before the end of the year so I will get another break from him, I just have to plan it out. 

Walk outside in the morning and you can certainly tell that it’s fall but by afternoon you’d think it was summer time.  Were in above average temperatures again and my AC is still working when it should be on vacation.  I’m enjoying it while it lasts because eventually the temperatures will drop like a rock sinking in a lake. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: