09 September 2025

Making Lemonade

Last night my mind was working and stewing about being denied or told no to my 2nd ride along request.  Thinking about how the military works if you are told no and don’t get satisfaction you just keep climbing the ladder until you reach the top and if the top says no, well then your fucked.  I did some serious internet searching and found someone in local leadership and then composed a written appeal.  Since I know their email scheme it was easy enough to fire off my appeal as an email.  Now I wait.  That’s the hard part and the part that I struggle with more so than being told no.  That famous line of when life gives you lemons make Lemonade applies.  You can also throw the lemons back.

Yesterday I heard that the guy I rode with picked up another person to ride along and damn he got some good calls.  First up was a serious accident.  That’s paperwork but it’s pretty much rapid fire with modern technology.  He did have to go to two different hospitals to get stories of what happened.  Hearing that is kind of what motivated me to write my appeal. 

I may be told no again, might not get any response but better to take  a chance rather than wonder what if.  Also, I put a call into the guy I rode with having thought of some additional questions.  He hasn’t called me and honestly I’m not expecting that to materialize either.  I’m certainly not going to pester him. 

Not exactly sure what changed overnight but today I do feel a bit more normal.  I woke up an hour early.  I had every intention of making it into the office but then I felt the chill in the air and said fuck this.  Look I get the mental health aspect of getting outdoors, traveling in, being around people.  However, I’m still going to spend a large part of my day alone holed in a very small office with very little creature comforts.  My work still gets done and I am much more comfortable at home.  Yeah I know it’s against company policy but hey my work gets done and I actually function at a higher level.  Therefore, I see no harm.  Perhaps I am just bias, making excuses and should just go along to get along but honestly the time and money I save makes it very worthwhile for me.  Hell even my boss has worked from home for long periods and none of us knew about it until he mentioned it a few weeks back.  I think he knows about me but doesn’t ask. 

I had some spiced up Mac & Cheese for supper.  It was from Zatterains.  I saw it in the Frozen Food section when I went to get my Tombstone Pizza’s last week and figured it would make an interesting meal.  It wasn’t terribly spicy but the flavor lingered in my mouth long after I was done.  I’d buy it again.  I wish that there was 1 store that carried everything so I didn’t have to juggle between places.

Played with Mora before bed.  She was all about it.  Rudy curled up on the couch and was sleeping.  He perked up once I put the toy away and I just checked on him.  He had barfed earlier in the day and I suspected he might not have been feeling the best.  We all convened in my room and I was in bed way quicker than I expected.  I slept pretty good until I woke up an hour before I was supposed to get out of bed.  Rudy and I enjoyed some together time and he did his biscuit dance.  I do think that if everyone had a cat that greeted me like he does every morning the world would be a vastly different place. 

Woke up to find that my vehicle has a recall on it.  Parts or a fix isn’t yet available but that will be forthcoming.  The backup camera displays distorted images or is blank.  Yeah, I’ve experienced both but I know how to use mirrors and judgement so it’s been inconvenient the few times it’s happened but it’s not a huge big deal for me.  Once a fix becomes available I will schedule time to get it fixed.  However, I still have that new car fever and the longer I wait the more the fever grows.  I’ve got one particular vehicle in mind, that has caught my eye.  Might be switching sooner rather than later.  Right now I am telling myself no. 

Surprise I am caught up at work, knocked out a couple of last minute things that I saved for this morning.  Now it’s just waiting for my 2 meetings for Tuesday.  Sucks to be back but again I am thankful to have a job.  I think the routine and occupying my day is healthy vs having time on my hands and nothing do to or not wanting to do anything. 

Off to relax a bit until I get interrupted or have to come back due to it being meeting time.  Take care.

No comments: