07 August 2022

Weekend recap, thus far.

Friday night … I did manage to stay up late to complete my late person leaving.  I shut him down 2 minutes before it was time because I was tired of waiting.  Normally people who ask to leave late also have the habit of asking for multiple time extensions.  Before he had a change to send an email asking for more time I wanted to nip it and be done.  I was tired as it was already and hadn’t taken any medication.  Gator sat with me on the couch as we waited.  She got a couple cans of food and I nibbled here and there.  I saw her friends the Racoons again. 

Saturday … I woke up early to get some breakfast, take a shower and make it to my haircut appointment.  I dropped off my old iPhone at the post office.  I found a place that would give me $150 for it.  They were the top payer which is why I chose them.  It’s a place I never heard of before.  I’ve got photos and proof that I owned the phone as well as a tracking number for the shipment.  They should have it on Wednesday.  Payout usually takes 3 weeks so as long as they send me my money were good.  They had high ratings and a positive review with BBB so fingers crossed that this doesn’t turn into a nightmare. 

After my haircut I came back home.  Watched some TV with Gator.  She had made another large deposit in the litter box and seemed to be a lot more perky.  I know she had to be feeling much better.  Her appetite was still up, which is always a good thing. 

In the afternoon I made a quick dash over to Sam’s Club.  I told Gator I was only going to buy soda.  I stopped by the bakery and wow they had some delicious sugar treats.  Muffins, Brownies, Cake.  It all looked so good.  I stuck to my guns and dashed over the soda area.  Grabbed a case of Diet Coke and a cube of Dr. Pepper zero sugar.  $26 later I was loading it in to the vehicle and dashing back home. 

I let some time pass made sure Gator was still doing okay.  Then went off to an Italian Place.  Manicotti was on my mind.  I walked in and noticed some notes on the door about the recent storms.  Yeah turns out they were open but had no AC.  It was hotter inside that place than it was outside.  I got used to the heat but it took a bit.  My food came and it tasted nothing like I was expecting.  I could have gone to a place closer to home, they would have not only had AC but the food would have tasted better but it would have cost a little more.  It’s the sauce that makes the difference.  Where I went had a sweet red sauce and there was no cream sauce.  The place closer to home has a more normal red sauce and they put a dash of cream sauce in.  It’s way better.  Anyway that was my fun. 

Back home and back to watching TV.  We went to bed at normal time.  I got to see Gator’s friends again.  They waited until it was all the way dark and much later, like 10p before they immerged.  They were scampering about on the deck.  Then Momma heard something or saw something and they all retreated to home base.  They walk past a rocker on the deck and that thing was rocking.  Looked like there was a ghost sitting in it.  Then a short time later they all came back out and went out hunting as a family.  One of the kids looks to be really small and not growing much.  The other one is more normal sized.  I do wonder what they eat and how they manage to stay out of trouble/harm’s way.  Raccoons don’t have a long life here but somehow I manage to get a family each year.  They mate in the Winter, the kids are born in the Winter and I see them for a short time and they vanish into thin air.  I have some summer time activity on occasion, but that’s it. 

Sunday … I woke up and the litter box is really full.  I figure Gator has to feel way better since things appear to be normalizing.  She had some breakfast.  Camped out by the water fountain as I left to go get my breakfast.  I returned home she was still by the fountain.  She didn’t wake up at the sound of my voice but once I made some noise that jarred her awake.  She looked unhappy.  I got her some food, she drank a little.  I went to my room to watch TV and wait for the sugar coma from breakfast to kick in.  She started meowing and I went to check on her.  She doesn’t appear to be that thrilled with today.  I carried her to my room and we napped together.  Eventually she wanted up and then she got some lunch and is back by the fountain.  I am mildly concerned.  My hope is that she starts to be more of her normal self as the day goes on.  She is still eating, which is always a good thing.  This could just be an off day for her. 

I’ve paid bills, going to do some surfing and read my email.  Then it will be back upstairs to put out my pills, clean the house and watch TV.  I’ve got a sinking feeling in my gut about Gator and I hope I’m wrong.  I am trying to write it off but she keeps giving me signs that are concerning.  I don’t want her to be in any discomfort, pain or suffer but at the same time I don’t want to part ways with her.  One minute I think everything is fine and the next it’s like were back to square one.  How she acts plays a large part in my decision making process.  I don’t just run to the vet because she lost a whisker.  It’s a traumatic experience for her and not to mention for my wallet.  I try to keep the stress for her to a minimum.  It’s doesn’t necessarily work that way for me. 

Fingers crossed that things turn around and were back on a clear path for a while longer.  Normally I have some food upstairs that I am looking forward to digging into for supper.  Not today.  I am thinking of going out for supper that kind of depends on how Gator is doing as well as how I feel. 

Hope your enjoying the weekend and staying cool. 

No comments: