17 August 2022

Sneaky Gator

Last night was a pill night.  I had to wake Gator up in order to get her to take her medicine.  I put it off as long as I could and then I had to wake her up.  It was easy and done.  She appeared to take the pill without an issue.  This morning I was feeding her and noticed the pill in her bed.  Not exactly sure how she did that but I think it’s an ability that all cats have.  I’ve been down this road many times.  No big deal, she will get the medicine tonight.  She did really well overnight, drinking and eating.  I got 1 wake up call I think, honestly don’t remember.  I know I was awake and then back asleep multiple times, had some odd dreams as well. 

No bothers from work last night.  I did have something come in after 5 but it was a quick win and I was done.  Of course you know the time that came in was the time I had to reboot to apply updates.  It’s like someone is watching somewhere and you think your in the clear and boom goes the dynamite.  The story of my life. 

I got my caulk yesterday so there is a weekend project waiting for me to seal a few windows.  I bought more than enough but that’s because I can’t always tell size well from a photo on a website.  Better safe than sorry.  Besides that it’s not like it was a million dollar purchase. 

Allergies were a bit too active for me yesterday.  The morning and the evening.  I did manage to pass out around 4p when I transitioned to upstairs, I put on a podcast where the guy that talks just makes me drowsy.  I was interested in what he had to say but my body was just exhausted.  I had tried to nap earlier in the day but it didn’t happen.  I figured I would have trouble sleeping, I stayed up a little later than normal but by 10:30p I was done and in bed. 

Here we are in the middle of the week once again.  Apple apparently has asked their staff to come back 3 days a week.  Kind of similar to what my employer has done with 2 specific days required in the office and the 3rd to be determined by your team/manager.  Apple is apparently on a 2 day in the office schedule now but all of that changes after Labor Day.  Oddly enough today my employer is hosting the first in person staff meeting that we have had in well over 2 years.  There is supposed to be a Zoom link but thus far it hasn’t been distributed.  I think the idea is to encourage you to go in person.  Even if I was in the office I wouldn’t go.  With COVID still high in the area it’s a bad move in my opinion.  If there is a Zoom link that is sent out I will join, otherwise it’s a no go for me.  I know I am not the only one.  I was really surprised last month when they sent out the invite but they have been telling us for months now that they are looking at getting back to more normal in person meetings.  Until the pandemic is really done or at least more under control you won’t find me at any in person office gathering of any kind.  The part that really irks me is that management tells us they are concerned about our safety and well being but their actions I feel display a different message.  With COVID still being high in the area whom ever thought it was a good idea to gather everyone in person wasn’t using their brain.  We have people out with COVID all the time but it’s treated much more like the common cold, there is a short isolation period but your back in the office before you know what really hit you.  Most cases are mild to very mild, which is good but still it’s COVID.  I can’t wait to see how they handle the first person who gets Monkey Pox.  At the end of the day management cares about one thing only, that’s earning the almighty dollar and to hell with everything else, if you die it matters not just so long as you earn them some money before you kick off.  I hate big business and politics, both suck and not in a good way!

Speaking of politics I happened to stumble on a way in my area to register for permanent vote by mail.  I went after that right away.  It beats having to remember an election is coming up and then to request a ballot.  Now I should get a ballot automagically when it gets closer to an election.  I had an aunt who was handicapped and she didn’t get out that much, she always voted by mail.  I kind of understand more of what her life was like since the pandemic hit.  She didn’t have a job and she did a lot of cooking and baking.  I understand that.  I mean you need something to occupy your mind.  She went grocery shopping once a month but it required someone to take her because she couldn’t drive.  The poor thing had a stroke later in life, was legally blind but she still had some faint vision.  Her kids wouldn’t tell her about the stroke.  They didn’t check on her all that much and a few days lapsed where no one heard from her.  She was found dead in her apartment.  This was years ago but I still reflect on it from time to time.  I’d love to know her secret for curing boredom and how you get the energy to do things.  She always looked forward to visitors and if you said you were coming but didn’t show that just ruined her entire day.  My mom was famous for getting her hopes up and then never showing up. 

Ah well enough of memory lane.  Nothing major brewing here.  Have some work stuff to tend to.  I should actually get a formal lunch break today and kind of look forward to that instead of having to cram food down and run back.  It’s been an okay week thus far.  Hopefully, today and the rest of the week are okay and productive. 

Be well and stay safe!

No comments: