MEOW…Ms. Gator had me up during the night a couple times. I wasn’t terribly happy about it but I took care of her. She was at the water fountain one time and I had fed her. I went back to my room for a bit and heard her meowing again. She likes to do that for several different things, sometimes she does it when she is on the move. I found her just about to enter the living room. I picked her up and carried her to my room, she wasn’t terribly pleased with that and she tucked her head into my arm like she didn’t want to see what was coming. I think she thought we were going to the vet. I was naked and it was the middle of the night – no chance I’d go to the vet naked unless I lost my mind and she was in some kind of urgent distress. We went to my room and I got her to settle in and go to sleep by my feet as I sat in a chair watching TV. Man she looked so comfy and adorable. Moments like that make me tired and want to retreat to bed. I did the next best thing, grabbed a pillow from my bed and put it behind my head, then leaned back in the chair and turned off the TV. I closed my eyes but my mind was racing, eventually she got hip to the fact that I would be better off in bed. She went for a can of left over food that was on the floor and I went back to bed.
I did fall back asleep but it was into a hellish nightmare where I was in some house with strange people that I didn’t know and visitors kept coming and one of the ladies was murdering them and trying to cover it up but was doing a sloppy job. What the hell was that all about? I’m glad it was a dream it looked more like a bad horror movie.
I woke at 6a to the sound of the trash trucks and then the yowling of Gator. I gave up and just climbed out of bed. She got some food and retired to the couch. I got breakfast and then got into a fight with her water fountain. I don’t know what she does to the thing but it was clogged up with some fur and I had just cleaned it. I went through the cleaning process again and changed the filter & water. When I went to plug it back in the motor didn’t want to start up. It’s known for being difficult but this was down right stubborn. It took me 45 minutes but I finally got it going again with a brisk normal flow. I went back to the couch and gave Gator a little bit more of her left over food. She was acting like she was going to fall asleep. I headed for the basement and am watching on camera, she I believe is by the fountain which is off camera. Probably passed out cold by the fountain, which is fine by me.
She acts like she is dehydrated but her skin tint tells a bit of a different story in that there is some mild dehydration. I think this is more constipation and just a general unwell feeling. I’ve had that happen to me once or twice in my lifetime and it’s no fun at all. For the most part she acts normal but I can just tell something isn’t quite right. She went to the bathroom yesterday but I do think as they say there is more to come that is backlogged in her system and needs to work it’s way out. I’d like her back to normal & stable so that I could resume my life, such as it is. Just being able to exhale is a relief but I am not quite there yet.
I talk to her all the time about checking out but I always tell her that I won’t give up on her and that she deserves a fighting chance just like everyone else had. Part of me is ready to let go and essentially give up. The other part of me isn’t quite there yet because outside of an increased appetite and being woken up in the middle of the night there isn’t any hard proof that she is suffering and/or won’t get better. I feel like if I give up now it’s way too premature. I don’t want to what if the situation and I don’t want any regrets. So we take another day by day step and see what we see. If things don’t level out then it’s time to go back to the vet but I do my very best to avoid that place. Were low on fluids and medicine so I will be calling them soon anyway but I’d rather call for refills than an appointment. Only because I know that eventually I will get bad news the news I am not ready for and never will be ready for. Damn cats worm their way into your heart, tie it up with all sorts of string and then just tug away. I love her so much and she knows it. She has started kissing me after she eats, sometimes it appears on accident and other times it’s deliberate. She is not a kisser/licker. Her mom and brother were. She would always take care of them and groom them but never did anything for me. Her mom loved to try to wash my hair, that felt good for a small second and then it was hell. Same thing is true when they treated my arms like they were spare ribs. Ah, memories.
In other news last night I got out to get the mail. I had a bad feeling that bad news was waiting for me at the post office. The only thing I found was an overflowing mailbox. Campaign advertisements, Back to school mailers all of which went straight into the garbage. I got an odd white envelope with no return address on it. I figured it was either from the HOA or someone that wanted me to find Jesus. Nope turns out it was from a realtor who wanted me to contact her if I was interested in selling my home, she promised to get me lots of buyers but at the bottom of the letter there was an odd disclaimer that if my house was listed for sale that this wasn’t a solicitation to buy my home. Huh? It was a solicitation no matter how you look at it. Nice to know that people are still buying homes but right now mines not for sale.
I got the money from the state that I found in my mom’s name. Now I need to get my brother his share of that. Since I don’t trust his wife I will need to make a trip to the bank to get a cashier’s check, I don’t want her to have access to my bank account number and if you write a check or use bill pay it all lists your account number. I could Zelle him the money but he’s not enrolled and would probably think it’s fraud. I could also pay him in cash but I never see him in person. I also figured that he would start a dialog with me but he hasn’t bothered to reach back out. I suspect that is largely due to his wife and how she doesn’t want him to have friends or communicate with family. She wants all of his attention not to mention time and money. What a winner he found! I would rather be alone than have a person like that in my life. Depression is much better than Suffocation. I mean neither is idea but if I have to choose I’d pick Depression.
I’m quite tired today, thankfully only one meeting on the books at lunch time. I am hoping for a quite and calm day. So that I can sneak in a nap and maybe get a head start on my weekend chores. Sleep is more of what I want and I can’t do that fully during working hours because the electronic leash (aka my cell phone) always manages to start chirping when I lay down. Kind of irritating but also odd.
That’s all I have at the moment. Hope that you have a great day and a nice weekend. Stay cool and hydrated.
No comments:
Post a Comment