02 August 2022

Stressful but done

m12 7 27 22It took me most of the afternoon but I finally got moved into my new iPhone.  Thus far I hardly notice much of a difference.  Based on some videos I saw last night I kind of figured that would be the case.  I like the form factor and the fact that I didn’t have to scramble to buy a new Mophie or something similar.  So I got some newer technology.  I can sell my old phone for $100 add that to the refund I am getting from Mint Mobile and this only winds up costing me $100 in the end.  Worth it?  For all of the stress nope but all things considered in hindsight, yes.  What I thought I would really struggle with is the activation of a new device but it was actually simple.  I converted to an eSIM and I was asked if I wanted to make this my new phone, I said yes and presto I got a signal.  I will have to watch my bill to see if I get charged an activation fee.  Funny how the things you think will be difficult turn out to be simple and the simple things are really difficult. 

This morning I got a follow request from a guy that I used to work with.  We had been following each other on Instagram so I kind of didn’t think much of it, but now I see he unfollowed me and his account is private.  I requested to follow his page but I don’t think he will let me back in.  I know who he is but he has no idea who I am.  He’s a millennial who has been through some difficult situation and has started tightening up his security on social media.  I get it.  I won’t be happy if he doesn’t let me back in but not much I can do about it.  He’s a blond twink and that is one of my favorites!

The lawn people showed up today.  I do believe both the father (runs the trimmer) and the son (runs the mower) both need prescription eye glasses.   There is a patch in my front yard that I can see from my window where the mower never went.  It looks very odd.  I don’t know the status of the trim job that was done because I haven’t been out to look.  I am losing my patience and about ready to say something like pay closer attention when your mowing & trimming or maybe I should say both you and your father need to get your eyes examined. 

I am exhausted from technology and ready to step away.  It’s a little early but I honestly don’t think anyone will miss me, but I still have my phone to keep me tethered.  I am looking forward to setting it down and walking away from it once it gets a little later in the afternoon. 

Gator is crying for food or attention – probably both.  I am anxious to go see her and listen to the sound of her motor.  That is so soothing, I could listen to it for days and she purrs loud.  I mean if I am on the phone and near her, the person on the other end usually makes a comment, it’s that loud.  She’s always been like that and it’s just who she is, it’s fine by me. 

Hope you all have a wonderful evening. I’m ready for some sweets and to tune & zone out. 

No comments: