26 August 2022

Fri-yay!

Friday is one of the most looked forward to days of the week by most.  I’m no exception to that, always happy to see a Friday roll around and another weekend start. 

Greetings to one and all, I hope that your doing well.  Not a whole lot going on here.  I found several more horrible bruises last night as I was looking in the mirror, I didn’t know they were there but as soon as I found them I had the overwhelming desire to touch them and yes it hurt.  Although this little spill that I took was minor I think it will take my body a little while for the soreness and the bruising to go away.  Just part of getting older and recovery taking longer is all. 

There were thunderstorms predicted for last night so I turned up the white noise machine in the hopes that I would drown out any thunder.  I figured the weather radio would wake me but that didn’t happen and it doesn’t look like we even got any rain.  I was up a couple times during the night.  Gator was crying and even over the white noise machine with me being slightly awake I just knew I had to go check on her.  I found her by the vacuum and she was hungry.  From the sound of the cry once I heard it minus the white noise it sounded like she just got done using the bathroom.  She likes to announce when she is done, not sure if it hurts or if she is proud of herself but it’s been going on like that for years now.  I grabbed her a snack and I went back to grab one for me as well.  She finished with her snack but didn’t empty the plate.  I was done with mine so I scooped her up off the floor and carried her to my room.  She always gets worried when I pick her up as if were going to the vet.  We landed safely in my recliner.  I got her to relax and fall asleep for a little while.  I watched some TV and we were up for a couple hours.  She wanted down because she wanted more food and I was starting to get cold from the AC that had just kicked on.  I went back to bed but she kept insisting on food and I finally gave in.  Then she was quiet, as quiet as a cat is when they are eating and smacking.  I was able to drift off for a while.  I think but am not sure that she woke me up again.  Needless to say that I woke up about 10 minutes before the alarm was set to go off and I was very unhappy, all I wanted to do is go back to bed. 

Once I climbed out of bed I found Gator sleeping by the fountain.  I woke her up by clapping my hands after she didn’t respond to my good morning voice and that got her going.  She looked like hell but then again I probably look the same way when she wakes me up.  I got her some duck for breakfast and she was all too quick to gobble most but not all of it down.  Then she made her way to the couch and climbed back into bed as I was finishing up my breakfast.  I brought the left over duck to her and she ate some of it.  I got a kiss on my arm no less from her.  That was so sweet.  It was done on purpose which makes me truly appreciate it.  She is so thankful for me and has been letting me know this for a while now.  Sometimes its subtle and other times it’s done on purpose.  I appreciate it and it’s things like this that make it even tougher when it’s time to part ways.  She ate a little bit more food before I had to get dressed and come down to start my day.  Now she is sleeping and I am awake wishing I was back in bed. 

Today is a calm day thus far and I think that will be the tone of the day.  Not much to do which is fine by me, considering that all hell is about to break loose and I will be flooded with work I will take all of the calm and lulls that I can manage to muster. 

I was thinking of taking some extra medicine to ensure a good nights sleep but then I remembered that I need to get to the bank and I need to make it happen tomorrow.  Taking extra medicine often leaves me with what I am told is a hang over effect (I don’t drink and have never been drunk, so I don’t know what a true hang over feels like) and since I need to be productive I don’t plan on doing that as of this moment.  If some how I manage to miss the bank tomorrow I can always hit it on Thursday when I am off but I really want to cross this item off of my to do list.  I’ve got to get to the post office to get this weeks mail, there are a couple of items that there was no image for and that always makes me nervous.  It’s usually a magazine or something political but occasionally it’s a certified letter, which requires a signature and you have to do that during normal business hours but I tend to hit after normal hours passed and if something like that comes on a weekend it bothers me all the way to Monday morning.  I don’t think I have anything to worry about though but nevertheless I’d like to get there while they are open just in case.  Then there is the trip I need to make to the vet on Saturday to fetch Gator’s meds.   

The gutter items I ordered came yesterday (first by the way) and they look perfect for the job.  The trick is getting them installed but not being eaten alive by the mosquitos.  I’d like to get that done this week to see if it helps control/eliminate my house mouse problem.  Problem is it’s outside work and I am just not a fan of work much less outside work.  No wonder I work in an office environment. 

Outside of the bank and post office, the usual trip to the grocery store on Sunday I’ve got no real other plans.  Loafing and napping will for sure be on the schedule, not sure how much of that I will be able to do but it has a big priority for me.  Along with spending time with my furry girl. 

I hope that you have a great weekend and get to accomplish all that is on your to do list as well as get in some time for relaxing.  Another week will be calling us all soon enough, probably a little too soon. 

No comments: