15 August 2022

New Car Fever–raging

I was content with sticking with what I have but that feeling only last about an hour.  I really still want something new.  I did some looking for other models and there are a few things I like but I don’t want to settle.  I want what I want, I mean I’m paying for it and compromising won’t make me totally happy.  I built a new one with some extra options and it’s still affordable.  I don’t want to pre-order because then your at the mercy of the factory and who knows how long that will actually take.  I will take another look probably towards the end of the week, I may drive out to the other dealer location that is further next week.  I am approaching 53 thousand miles and driving a 2017 – that low mileage is thanks to the pandemic.  It’s only the second time I have been in a great position with a low mileage vehicle.  I mean if it’s not meant to be then I won’t find anything and I will just have to resign myself to being content.  While I’d like to wrap this over my birthday weekend I’ve got infinite time.  My present loan isn’t going anywhere and will just be less the longer I wait.  I would just like to make it a birthday present but it could be a Thanksgiving or Christmas present as well, even though the weather will be much colder then.  I do think unless there is a change of availability in both color and models that I will hang on to what I got.  After all it does what I want it to do, it’s just aging and I’d like to avoid any major issues.

Had a difficult time falling asleep last night because I slept in.  This morning I was wide awake at 6a with no alarm and no noise from Gator.  I put off getting up for a 1/2 hour but after that my bladder was sounding the alarm to either get up or prepare to have a mess to clean up. 

Gator seems to be doing okay, she was in bed when I got up and we met up at the fountain.  She hung out for a short bit while I was eating and then retreated back to the couch.  I fed her a little bit of breakfast while she was in bed.  I just came from tending to her mid-morning snack.  I bought some urinary tract health food in a couple of different flavors and she seems to like it.  I’ve got a little bit better feeling about her right now but that could change with no notice.  If she is going to check out I just don’t want it to be close or on my birthday nor near a holiday.  I mean regardless of the day there isn’t really a good time.  Right now I think altering the pred. is the right move as it seems to have a positive effect on her. 

I wound up going to Wendy’s last night for a burger and chili.  Man that was so good.  I had a Banana Fudge Drumstick for desert, a limited edition special I found when I was at the grocery store. 

When I logged in this morning everything was calm but within an hour it was a zoo.  I was busy sifting through emails and shifting from one task to another.  I finally got caught up and everything that needs to be done has been taken care of.  I like busy but not crazy busy like that.  Periods like that can crop up at anytime and are not limited to just being on-call but it happens more so at an on-call point and being short one person today didn’t exactly help me out.  However, it’s all good.

I’ve got a root that managed to poke through one of the windows here in the basement.  I plan to deal with that partially at lunch time.  I’ve got some window caulk on order and it will be here tomorrow so perm fix is just around the corner.  First time that has happened.  This place is 30 years old so all sorts of fun (or not so fun) little things crop up.  All part of the joy of home ownership.  Yes, I am being sarcastic. 

Wow the morning is almost done, a little less than an hour left.  It’s literally taken me most of the morning to compose this since I’ve been back and forth between personal and work screens.  Guess it’s time to publish this and be done.  Hope it’s a great Monday for you and a great week ahead for all of us!!

No comments: