I did go out for supper, a quick run thru Wendy’s. I got a Dave’s Double (no onion, no mayo) and a large Chili. I had a mini Magnum Double Chocolate Bar for desert. Outside of breakfast that was the best tasting meal I had all day long. Something about a burger and some chili that just goes so well together. Ice cream after chili is like a must for me. In the days of Steak N Shake I’d always get a shake (mini or large) but had to cool things off, even if it’s in the middle of winter.
Gator has pretty well returned to normal as of this morning. I was a little concerned yesterday. I am always watching out for her and I know that this little battle is far from over. As long as I can manage to keep her hydrated I think were going to be okay for a while (or so I hope). She let me sleep overnight but I did wake up to use the bathroom and she was waiting for me. I made sure she was taken care of. As per usual just as I was about to dose off she had to tell me how good her meal was rather loudly. Her litter box was empty this morning and I wasn’t happy about that but there is a chemical for that. I am watching and will probably give her another dose of fluids within the next few days just to stay on top of the hydration.
As I waited for my sleeping medicine to kick in we sat and watched old episodes of The Real World. I’m toggling between the London and the New Orleans cast. Most all of the seasons (with a few exceptions) are on Paramount Plus. I don’t understand why some of them are missing. My hope is that they start to air the next cast reunion before my subscription ends.
With the purchase of my new iPhone I get 3 months free of Apple + TV. Friday night I watched Palmer with Justin Timberlake. It was pretty good, got to see Justin’s buns, even he was humping a woman. Once the sex part was over with is when I really got into the story. It was rather heart warming. Just an affirmation that if you mess up in life and are convicted of a crime, do your time and get out that you can put your life back together. It won’t be easy or fun but it can be done. There is also a lot of scrimping and taking low paying jobs.
Sadly, there isn’t much on Apple + that I like and a good portion of the stuff I am interested in costs extra money, which I am not willing to pay. I really wish there was just 1 streaming platform and you could watch whatever you wanted there by paying one low price. Of course that low price would probably be along the lines of a basic cable bill but hey it would be better than switching between platforms trying to figure out what is on which platform and keeping up with all of it. It gets confusing after a while and I think that is part of the game. Can’t believe that NBC is moving Days of Our Lives to Peacock, I don’t know that people will subscribe. I’ve watched it now and then over the years when I was younger. My grandfather got hooked on it as well. If he were alive today I can almost guarantee that he wouldn’t subscribe to Peacock.
On the mouse front I got this ultrasonic sound box that is designed to keep mice away from your automobile. It’s like a small subwoofer and if you are brave enough to press the test button you will hear some loud and awful noises. It’s got speakers in the front, sides, rear and bottom. It does heat up a bit. My original plan was to put it in the attic because unobstructed it protects 1,000 square feet. It should cover the places where they are hiding out at and make them leave. I’ve used it in my office for a week and it was starting to smell and then within a day or two no more odor. I was in the living room on Friday and noticed a faint odor and moved the box to the living room. Within a day and a half the mild odor was gone. I started to smell a faint odor in my office this morning. I’ve moved it to a utility room where the AC and Water Softener are. It’s sitting on top of the air duct. My thought process is that should cause the sound to radiate through the duct work and that does cover all of the house. Perhaps it will be just enough aggravation to drive them all out. If not then I am probably going to invest in a second unit. I was skeptical that it would work. I’ve had those small plug in devices that promise to work but do nothing. Turns out this thing does work and there are lots of satisfied customers on Amazon. While it’s not designed to keep mice out of a house if it’s strong enough for an RV or Car then I figured it should work in the house. I’ve not seen any new mice, the traps are empty and as long as they are gone I am happy. It doesn’t bother the Raccoons or Gator so that is another plus. I was concerned more about Gator. Amazon did show me a new trap by Victor that will hold 10 mice, it runs on batteries and delivers a shock to kill the mice. There are dual entrances and it looks like one or two of these could easily wipe out a small infestation, considering there can be 5 to 12 mice per litter, according to my Amazon Echo. That thing is just as pricy as the sound box I bought. However, I am pretty committed to getting rid of the mice without the use of an exterminator or poison.
So long as Gator doesn’t give off any bad vibes I fully plan on returning to the office tomorrow. It won’t be terribly fun but it will be nice to get out. Next week I am on call so I will be at home.
The next big decision to make about an automobile is very close. I am really on the fence. I can keep what I have and pay it off (be it over time or now with a lump sum) OR buy new and start over with payments. I just think of how much money I could save by eliminating car payments and banking the money. That would add up pretty quick. I’ve only got 52 thousand miles and it’s a 2017. The pandemic did me a huge favor with mileage. I think (have to double check) but I could get a decent trade amount for it and that would chop a huge sum off of a new vehicle so chances are good that I would have lower payments and still be able to save some money. However, the model I want is scheduled for a complete redesign in 2024 so perhaps waiting might be better. I am planning a trip to take a look at what is on the dealers lot on a Sunday, since they are closed and no one will be there to bother me. I see a couple models on their website that I like, they have the features I want, one of which is a heated steering wheel, that is the best thing in the middle of winter.
While I don’t have a huge fear of job loss, it is always in the back of my mind. My employer could sell to a larger organization OR there could be such a recession and downturn in business that they would have to lay people off. It helps that I am really good at my job and highly thought of but at the end of the day that isn’t a guarantee of employment. I don’t think my job is headed anywhere anytime soon. I was thinking about finances last night and my two largest expenses are the house and the car. I’ve got savings but hey that doesn’t last forever. I am always peeking at the job market just to see what is out there. I always tend to freak a bit if I make a large purchase. I went head over heels into debt with my vehicle back when I bought it and wasn’t fully confident that I was going to be able to afford it but thankfully it has all come together. I’ve never had such a large payment for a vehicle. It’s served me well thus far outside of the few accidents I’ve been in that have all been in the worst things I have had to buy were a few sets of tires. I got the battery replaced under warranty and it’s been really good to me. That’s why I kind of hesitate to get rid of it. I know there is still a lot of life left in it. I just won’t have any extended warranty coverage as of next month and figure that it’s been 5 years which is about trade time. If you have any thoughts, I’d be interested in hearing them. I know the final decision is mine to make. However, getting feedback can be helpful.
I do hope that all will be well for a while, I could use a year or seven off from negativity but I don’t know that one can get a break for that long. It always seems to find me no matter how fast I run or where I hide.
Here’s hoping it’s a great day and a great week for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment