I hope that your doing well and enjoying your weekend. My day didn’t go as planned. Gator had me up a good portion of the night asking for food. She was only nibbling and not really chowing down, hence why she remained hungry. When I get little to no sleep I cease to function. I had intentions of getting up early and getting my day started. I was about to try to power through things and Gator in her own way asked for some daddy time. I didn’t turn her down. We both passed out hard. She went first and I followed a short time later. A couple hours went by and I guess I was snoring but she woke me up with an urgent and rather loud meow.
I have formed the conclusion that Gator’s gut inflammation is probably flaring back up since she is mimicking the signs that she had before she was diagnosed. As much as her kidneys love the reduction in medicine her gut doesn’t and thus she needs to go back to a daily dosing schedule. I could try to stick it out but I honestly think that is what the end result would lead to plus many more wasted cans of food and sleepless nights where were both miserable.
I lounged around until around 2:30p when unfortunately we had another cable internet outage. I took that as a sign from above that it was time to get in gear.
After a shower, I hit up the pet food store. I saw a fine young man and had a chance to stand in line behind him and could have admired his sweet booty. However, a troubled woman asked for my help before I got to the line to check out. She needed prescription food and I’ve been down that road before. I took her right to it and it took a bit but I found what she was looking for. I let her know up front that I didn’t work there. However, I made the silly mistake of walking in with a blue polo on and well that’s what the employees wear but they have the store logo on their shirts. It’s just like walking into Target and wearing a Red Polo, try it someone will ask you for help on something despite the fact that you don’t have a Target name tag on. Best Buy is good for the Blue Polo as well.
Hit up the post office and then swung by a local Italian place for my one meal of the day. I went all out with a 3 piece Cannelloni, Salad, Cheese Garlic Bread and washed it all down with Diet Coke. It was really good. I thought the salad was included with the meal but found out the hard way that it wasn’t. I would have never ordered it had I known that up front. In times past salad or soup always comes with the meal. I either got screwed out of $5 because the rules changed or because my waitress didn’t know better. Either way it’s gone. The meal was good.
I finished up another season of The Real World. This time it was Brooklyn. I remember these seasons. It seems like what is published now is a shortened version of the season. I know there were pieces missing from the New Orleans season. Not exactly sure why or that it’s not called out but whatever. My Paramount + subscription will end next month and unless I can get it again for 99 cents or they air another reunion cast from The Real World that I am interested in, there really isn’t much of anything on that platform that appeals to me.
My depression kind of crept upon me after I finished the Brooklyn season. One of the guys got called back to Iraq that combined with the fact that everyone was saying goodbye it just bothered me. I kind of feel like I am on a reality show and everyone but Gator and I have left. I am just sitting around waiting for the day her taxi pulls up and she leaves. You should have seen her face when I just lost it and broke down. I think she understood me and why I was crying. It bothers her when I cry much like it bothers me to see my brother cry. I know she doesn’t want to leave me but it’s just part of the game of life, sad to say but we all have an expiration date, like it or not. I’m not a fan of expiration dates for people. For food it’s a different story. Once Gator does check out, I will have this whole very large house to myself. It’s impractical for me to occupy all of this space just for myself. I’ve been thinking about getting a dumpster or two and starting to do what I should have done years ago and throw shit away. Then if I wanted to leave it would make moving so much easier. If I would leave this place there would be a mess for someone to clean up, there is no way I can possibly take every item of furniture and honestly only a couple things are worth my effort. There is a couch here in the basement that took my late spouse and brother hours to work into the basement. There was rope involved and the door and door frame had to come off. There is no way in hell that couch is ever leaving the basement unless it’s cut in half. It’s one of the lesser used piece of furniture but the cats all occupied it at one time. Plus it’s a sleeper so there is a crummy mattress inside still wrapped in plastic. I slept on it once and got one hell of a back ache. I can honestly tell you that there are so many memories in this place that I really don’t want to let go of it but at the same time I am not sure it’s worth the fight to keep it.
I thought more about the car situation and unless my mind changes (which is highly possible) I plan to keep what I have and not make the trip to the other dealers location. I think that is the best move for me at this time. If in the next few months things change well I can always make a purchase.
I’ve got a rebate form to complete and get ready to mail tomorrow. Then I will attack the dishes and we will move on to getting back to sleep. I need to start early tomorrow since I have to do testing at work. Getting to sleep tonight will be difficult but I will manage somehow. I just hope that Gator permits me to sleep though the night.
Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment