Happy Friday once again! Another week is coming to a close and it’s time for the weekend. In some ways the weekend feels like nothing short of a thirty minute lunch break but it is time away, unless your like me and stuck on-call. However, I don’t anticipate that I will be bothered. There is the early morning wake up call on Sunday but if my head is focused that will be just an early start to the day and an excuse to get moving so that I can get tasks accomplished and move closer to nap time.
As I mentioned in a prior post I do have some running to do on Saturday, not exactly looking forward to all of it but I will try to make the most of it. I’ve given no though to where I want to eat at. Right now I am just trying to make it through today.
Since were close to my birthday, I see that my reminder present came in the mail today. Yeah I’m talking about my car insurance renewal. There is something I didn’t plan on but it’s there. I went to the app for my insurance company and saw the rate, it’s not bad. Actually it’s slightly less than a car payment. If/when I do get a new ride that nice price will be obnoxious again, that is kind of a deterrent in it’s self to keep what I have. I really want new and have for a long time. New car fever never really fades away for me, I can be driving something new and find something that I like more and want. However, I know the practical side which is money based. When the time is right be it this year, next year or the year after that I will get something new. It’s really tempting now to move because of the high trade value but the flip side is auto insurance.
I really dislike the gotcha expenses, things that you know will be due in a year and you plan for it but when it gets here it’s feels like you just paid for it. Auto Insurance was on my radar but some how fell off. I know as soon as I flip the calendar that will give me the reminder. Thankfully, the bill will arrive regardless if I remember or not. This is why I like paper for bills, you have to allow time for mailing and with an email you can get away with sending it in a shorter period of time. Paperless is great for somethings but not so for others.
Still waiting to hear from the company that I sold my old iPhone to. I asked them for a status update yesterday and thus far nothing. I don’t have a real good comfort feel about this and think that this is going to turn into the next ordeal. That’s why I took photos and have paperwork as backup, just in case. However, I think that this might just be one of those situations where I need to have more patients than normal. I know that if I had used Gazelle they would have acknowledged receipt of the device and let me know that it was moving on to being inspected and then I’d get a follow up email when the check was mailed. However, I didn’t use Gazelle because they had the low ball offer. Low ball and a sure thing might have been better than High ball and no $$. Only time will tell.
I attended a webinar yesterday to learn about my Health Insurance coverage changes for 2023 yesterday. That was quite interesting. The only major change is who fills mail order prescriptions, everything else is staying the same. Thinking further down (like years from now) I was careful to pay attention to the Medicare portion and how that works. Right now most everything is covered 100% and there are low co-pays. When you go on Medicare the game changes and you wind up shelling out a bit more money, which I think sucks because those are the people who can least afford it. However, this is setup with the mindset that you will be drawing from a pension and have a nice retirement. Since I am a surviving spouse there is no pension for me, he didn’t elect survivors benefits, which is fine. However, looking at what I do have saved there is much work to be done between now and the time I retire, presuming I live that long. I think I will be working up until lunch on the day of my funeral with the way things look now.
Today I have another webinar to attend about what will be different with the new mail order pharmacy. From what I gathered yesterday there are some formulary changes and a slightly lower co pay for certain types of drugs but overall its just getting new prescriptions to the mail order provider. They also don’t have a local presence in my area so it may take a few days longer to get some medicine. Hopefully, it’s a smooth transition (fingers crossed).
In Gator news, she woke me up a few times last night. She is napping right now by the fountain which is the first time that has happened all week long. I think she might need some fluids but I am keeping an eye on her. Her bathroom habits have normalized to every other day and she seems to enjoy the every other day pill schedule. To me she seems more like her normal self and more comfortable. I always have a watchful eye on her and pay very close attention to her. I think she knows that. I also think that she pays close attention to me but doesn’t think that I notice. We had some together time early in the morning. I didn’t plan on being up but her loud mouth woke me up and I had problems getting back to sleep. Then when I did, I had a nightmare. Woke up and thought today was Saturday but quickly realized as the trash trucks rolled through that today was in fact Friday.
Here’s hoping that it’s a great day and a great weekend! Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment