04 May 2026

On Call Again

Morning & May the 4th Be With You!

Got the carpet in the basement all dried out, just in time for more rain this week.  I am hopeful that the rain will be light and nothing like we saw last week, which should leave me okay.  However, I am monitoring.  I had the opportunity to go get supplies and try to remediate the hole that is causing this issue but just didn’t want to deal with it yesterday.  Were getting in the 80’s today and then dropping back into the 50’s tomorrow, which always brings storms and severe weather. 

Went for pizza yesterday, saw one cute waiter.  This is the place that used to have lots of hot waiters to look at.  I got a female and she was not the best.  My pizza was burnt and she didn’t do a good job of keeping an eye on me.  As soon as the pizza was out I got maybe two bites and she was handing me the check.  Jeez, let me enjoy my food before you bring the bad news over.  It was a nice short drive but enjoyable. 

Spent the evening with the cats in my room, watching a Netflix documentary Trust Me: False Prophet.  It was compelling and kept me interested.  I was looking for something to watch and once I started this I didn’t want to stop.  However, I had to pass out treats for the cats and to get a snack for myself.  I was drowsy but the show kept my attention and I didn’t fall asleep. 

I was supposed to shave and shower last night but the show kind of took me past my normal bed time.  Now I’m scratching my face and wished that I had shaved.  The whiskers will fly tonight and I’ll get that shower. 

I am on-call this week.  The crazy has started already.  One person telling me about a blackmailer that is out for them, another person lost their laptop on an airplane and it’s still very early.  I’m sure this an omen that more crazy is about to follow.  I need the 4th to be with me!

Hoping for a fast moving week.  Still no word on the training schedule for the new guy but I’m sure that will come together today.  I know the boss won’t want him left to his own to twiddle his thumbs all day long, but he might get lucky and have a few moments of that. 

Here’s hoping it’s a great week for all of us.  Take care!

2 comments:

RB said...

I hope her tip reflected the poor service?

Jeremy Ryan said...

Indeed it did.