07 May 2026

Thursday

Morning, one more day to go.  Hope we all make it!

There isn’t a whole lot going on and I’d like to keep it that way if I can.  Today is the first day all week that has been wide open for me.  I know the new guy needs training but I’m kind of over training. 

We had an issue yesterday that he helped me with.  It was a chaotic situation and once we were caught up.  The new guy helped me with that a little bit, I did the bulk of the work.  However, it was good exposure for him.  He’s got a grunt work task now that he’s doing to help out.  That helps take some of the load off of us. 

I am having thoughts that some how I am training my replacement.  I’m sure it’s probably not the case but still I’m not happy about giving the new guy insight to most of the things that I do.  There are specific systems that I would rather keep him out of but none of that is up to me.  I’m doing what I have been told but I’m not moving nearly as fast as I should.  This would be far better if we had a clear schedule of who is training on what.  That’s how it’s been done before.  I’m just not overjoyed about training a new person. 

On the home front, I have started ordering dry cat food from Amazon.  it’s cheaper than the pet food store and I can get it in a day or two at most.  That means I can run even lower on it before I need to reorder.  They eat 2 different brands of dry food but both are hairball formula.  One of the brands is Hills and that’s what they primarily go for.  I’m refilling that dish once a day.  If I could only get their wet cat food from Amazon in the quantity I wanted I would never have to walk into the pet food store again.  That would be nice.  However, 4 cans of this and 4 cans of that isn’t how they sell it.  It’s a whole case or nothing.  So I will still hit up the pet food store for the wet food.  Chewy is decent on prices and delivery but I’ve not looked at them since Gator passed.  Once you start up they bombard you with marketing emails and mail in general – just don’t really want that. 

I had Tuna Noodle Casserole last night.  Warm/hot Tuna smells horrible but the cats like the odor.  I liked the dish, it was tasty.  Milk and Cookies was my snack a bit later.  Rudy woke up and asked for treats and I gave him what was left in the container.  He was a good boy and made sure to only consume a few of them leaving a good amount for his sister to come munch on.  Like magic all of the treats are gone come morning. 

Last night was a mostly You Tube TV night.  Watched a podcast, then random videos.  Eventually moved back to Prime and continued All In The Family.  Who knows what I will watch when I am done with that show but I have plenty to choose from, just need to find something that is of interest to me.

It’s winter like cold here this morning but were supposed to warm up to Spring by lunch time.  Saturday is supposed to be in the 80’s.  It’s like the weather is on shuffle.  I will be glad once this works out and temperatures even out.  The furnace got some late season work, normally by now the AC is on not necessarily running but powered on. 

Hope all is well in your world.  Back to the fun at work for me.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: