20 May 2026

Review Time

Morning!

By some miracle we didn’t get any rain yesterday.  It was forecast and I kept close tabs on my phone looking at the weather.  Each time it said it was going to rain nothing happened.  According to the news this morning were supposed to be mostly dry for the next 48 hours before we gear up for our next batch of precipitation. 

Later this afternoon I have my annual review with my boss.  I am not fond of this, I pretty much know where I stand and am not expecting any surprises as it relates to the review.  Compensation well I’d like to get a surprise there by getting a bigger raise but I won’t know about that for at least another month.  I am supposed to be able to read my review ahead of time so I am prepared for the call but my dumb boss has yet to make the review public.  In years past they sent an email copy to you but now you have to login to a portal to read it.  I tried a couple times yesterday and again this morning, still it’s not letting me see it.  I sent an email this morning to remind the dummy to make it public so I can see it.  In our call he will read the whole thing to me over the phone as if I haven’t read it before and emphasize his comments.  I’d rather just have a conversation I mean that is to say provided I can read the document ahead of time.  However, it’s like I am in first grade all over again.  I record the entire call so I have it for my records, you never know when you might need that.

Got a surprise yesterday my neighbors the one who built the second house a couple years ago.  Yeah well looks like at least one of them is moving out if not the whole family.  A couple U-Haul's showed up yesterday along with several cars and they spent the afternoon packing up before they headed out.  There are still kids toys in the front and back yard which makes me wonder if they are truly moving out.  The grass also needs to be cut again and bushes trimmed.  It’s honestly not ready for the market quite yet.  However, until they are gone and there is a for sale sign in the yard, I’m not holding my breath.  I was sure I was going to be free of them a couple years ago but yet here we are. 

Supper was Cheese Potatoes with Bacon casserole from Stouffers.  It’s a side dish that I make a main mean and split in half.  So it’s good for two meals.  The bacon makes the house smell amazing and gets the cats going.  You should see their noses sniffing the air, like what is that, it smells so good, let’s smell again.  They make life interesting, you never know what they are going to do next. 

If the stars and the moon align and I feel like it, might just head out for BBQ tonight.  Kind of mostly depends on my mood, since the weather should cooperate. 

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  Take care!

No comments: