Happy Saturday! I hope that your weekend is going well. Mine is thus far. Rudy woke me up at 6am. I told him last night I didn’t need an early morning wake up call, but I guess his stomach didn’t understand that. I got up and fed him & his sister. Then I climbed back into bed. Watched a little TV and eventually went back to sleep. Woke up around 9a which was kind of a surprise.
I had breakfast at home. I wanted to go see my friend at his shop, but I’ve continued to procrastinate and put that off. I could have got a shower and made it out there with plenty of time to spare. It’s just that once we get to talking, I tend to stay until they close at noon and really wasn’t in the mood to be there quite that long. Instead, I came back to my room and watched TV, eventually returning to bed for a quick nap and cuddle session with the cats.
Once I got up, I passed out lunch for the cats. I had a Coke Zero finished off some Chocolates I had and called it lunch. Back to watching TV and peeking at my phone, nothing was going on, which is good news.
I set a goal to finish the episode of The Neighborhood I was watching and watch one more, then I would get moving. I stuck to the plan. Got my shower and dressed up. Made my plan to grab the mail first, gas up (which was seriously pricy $5 per gallon) and then hit up Lowe’s. Purchased 2 bags of sand and 3 bags of drainage rock. Came home, opened the drainage rock and filled the big hole with that. It’s nice. Hopefully, the critters let it be and don’t dig it out! I saw a smaller hole and filled that with a bag of sand. Dumped the last bag of rock out front in a landscaping bed, where my problem gutter always seems to clog and overflow, despite having a gutter guard in place. Put one bag of sand I had in the garage because I know the critters will dig right through that.
Peeking at my neighbor’s place, he came back to mow the grass the day after the U-Haul’s left. No one came to set the trash out which is overflowing and it’s only a matter of time before the Raccoons discover it and start making a mess. There has been no activity, and all the kids’ toys are still sitting outside. I see a TV on their enclosed deck is still on the wall, so I wonder if they are coming back to grab leftovers or if they are just going to leave it is for now. I suppose as time moves on the picture will paint it’s self and they will either come back pick up the leftovers and do some outside work before they put the place on the market or they will come back and continue to occupy the place. Selling points are new windows, new roof and new ac/furnace. I’m sure they made some improvements inside. The enclosed deck is a nice touch. I just hope if they sell that I get along with whomever moves in next and they kick in some money when it comes time to maintain or chop down the shared tree we have.
I took a minute to catch my breath and then I left and headed for the buffet that I was seriously craving. An hour and 15 minutes later I arrived, despite one wrong turn. This time before I blindly ordered the buffet, I walked through the buffet, and it didn’t look that good. I ordered off the menu for the first time. I got a Horseshoe which is 3 burgers on Texas Toast served open face, then topped with two kinds of cheese (queso (white) and yellow (cheddar)), then French fries and finally topped with chili. It was so good and I was so full when I left. It was a little on the salty side but wow, so good. Had one piece of guy candy that I was eyeing; he was straight looked like he was waiting for his girl to show up and having dinner with his parents. Jeez, I wished I was that girl, he was so hot!
Made the drive back home. My new car fever has flared up again and now I am even considering buying something that is used, which would save me some money. However, my preference is brand new. Looks like whatever I get will need to be a 2026 because come 2027 there are mandatory government monitoring features that will be on all new vehicles. The car will watch you with AI and if it decides you are drunk, drowsy or otherwise impaired it will shut down and you won’t be able to start it. No idea on how long it will stay disabled as those details have yet to leak. The way it’s sounding is that the vehicle will be disabled for a while. There is no override. If you’re traveling the vehicle will pull over and then shut off. There are other government features coming as well but that monitoring one is the most concerning. Hopefully, more information comes out later this year otherwise what I get will be 2026 or earlier.
Thinking about work, Friday was a hellish day. There will be plenty for me to do next week and I will be the only guy working since the other two will be out. Not sure why my boss let the mistake maker go when he knew that the new guy was out. In any case, I will survive it’s what I do. I won’t enjoy it one bit but fear not I have plenty of time off and plan to schedule some next month. I’m supposed to hear more about the promotion I am being considered for, nothing is in the books, but I listened to my review, and my boss clearly says that he will schedule something for us so I can get more info. I want a clear understanding and documentation in writing about what I’d be stepping into before I step into it, and they make things up and change them leaving me stuck. I don’t plan to fall into that type of trap. Boss man is out next Thursday & Friday so at least I will have 2 days of peace and quiet or so I hope. I will also be on call all next week, oh joy!
I’m working on laundry, paying my bills and updating finances. Surfed the web to catchup on porn and waded through my inbox and did some serious cleanup. Waiting for the dryer to tell me my laundry is done then it will be upstairs and time to get ready for tomorrow. I will be up early, heading to breakfast and the grocery store.
Thinking about driving to the office tomorrow to check on something, not sure if that will happen or if I will just let things be. I’ve got nowhere to go other than figuring out what I want to eat. There is a new place by the office, I looked at their menu online and its mostly finger foods and tons of alcohol, none of which I am into so I’m passing on that place. There are other places nearby that are within walking distance. Ah, there is the buzzer time to get moving.
There you have it another DITLO (Day In The Life Of) me. Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment