19 May 2026

So Wet

Happy Tuesday!

It’s so wet here, outside there are the usual puddles by a tree in my front yard.  My neighbors backyard has standing water in it’s usual spot.  It just poured all damn day yesterday going from light rain to monsoon downpours.  Glad that I elected to stay home instead of getting out in it.  What a mess.  Saw one couple walk their dog when the rain let up for a short time.  Otherwise no one was out unless they were in a vehicle. 

My basement in one spot is damp, which is what I expected with the amount of rain we had.  I’ve got the fan on it this morning.  I know that it’s only going to get worse because rain is in the forecast again today and for the foreseeable future. 

The wet weather does make for interesting listening to the scanner.  There is an over abundance of accidents.  Even the police don’t like it when it rains because it means they are going to be super busy dealing with accidents.  That’s lots of paperwork and no one likes paperwork. 

One day of rain is enough to do it for me.  I’m unhappy not depressed but kind of on the way there.  Yesterday was a very long day for me.  I had a stubborn person who kept me working pretty late, but I made it.  Had to put my foot down a little bit. 

Had my last Chicken Pot Pie for supper last night.  It sounded good and with the weather it was spot on.  Watched The Neighborhood as I chowed down.  Lunch was less interesting.  Pretzels with Ranch dip, A piece of chocolate and then a few hours later a yogurt. 

Ever since I let Rudy lick my fingers when I have Cheese Popcorn or Cheetos, he sits by my side when I eat anything that comes out of a bag.  As if Pretzels have cheese dust on them.  I have to tell him no cheese and encourage him to move along.  He’s pretty persistent. 

I managed to roll on top of Rudy this morning in bed.  I realized it and got off of him quickly.  He never made a sound and just got up and got comfortable again snuggling up to me.  My body woke me up at 5a and I managed to get back to sleep for an hour but 6a there was no turning back despite how much I really wanted to.  Rudy being the salesman he is made his biscuits, climbed up on top of me and even extended his head to give me a quick lick on the forehead.  Mora climbed up on the bed for some attention and the day was started, we all migrated to the kitchen for breakfast. 

Here’s hoping that today is better than yesterday and that the rain they have in the forecast somehow disappears.  One thing for sure the folks that cut my grass sure are smart.  They got here super early yesterday morning so they didn’t loose out on their money.  It was bone dry until they left and then the rain fell.  Timing and location are everything!

Hope you have a super day. 

No comments: