03 August 2024

Rotting Day

I took the bulk of the day to rot in my room with the cats.  Had breakfast and a snack in the afternoon as well as a couple naps.  Watching the last season of Suits on Netflix because I couldn’t find anything else that was appealing. 

Got moving in the afternoon starting with a shower, then on to the post office and a different Red Lobster.  This Red Lobster would have been a better experience had I arrived 15 – 20 minutes later.  There was no one at the door to greet me and I had to wait a couple minutes before someone seated me.  My waitress took a little bit to arrive.  I ordered the Crab Carbonara dish.  I tried to get it without bacon but was told that they couldn’t accommodate that request.  That wasn’t the best news but I said bring it anyways.  I wanted to try it.  It looked like something that I would give to my cats.  It tasted like a Hamburger Helper dish with seafood.  The bacon wasn’t cooked all the way, some of the crab still had shell on it.  I get why Red Lobster is going down hill, they have started to suck.  The Flounder Dinner and Clam Chowder are really the only two things that are worth it.  Even the biscuits have changed with some time and aren’t the same as I remember but I’m told the recipe didn’t change.  Once I got my food I got a refill on my drink and then my waitress was MIA and I sat there waiting for her to bring a check for what felt like 20 minutes but in reality was more like 15 minutes.  Then getting the receipts as well as my card back to sign took another 5 minutes.  While I wasn’t pleased as punch I left a decent tip and got the hell out of there. 

The mail brought me a notice from Ticket Master that my information was part of their data breach so more free credit monitoring for me.  I already know there is Class Action Litigation pending against them.  The same is true for AT&T.  Data Breach is just another common word in todays vocabulary that we hear all too often.

I took the opportunity to turn off my phone this morning when I woke up and saw that there was no email waiting for me from overnight.  Silly me, I missed a camera alert that there was politician at my door who loved my go away sign so much he took a picture of it and laughed but like all politicians he thought the sign didn’t apply to him so he left a flyer.  I feel like mailing it back to him tell him that I won’t vote for him since he clearly is incapable of reading and following directions.  However, that would not only cost me money but probably bite me.  I don’t vote for stupid people regardless of which party they are in.  Had I seen him I would have used the opportunity to set off the siren in my camera and scare the shit out of him.  Most people miss the camera when they approach my porch for some reason, it’s in your face but I guess it just blends so well. 

Saw one of the groundhogs this evening.  It was in the neighbors over grown yard eating some of their grass.  I couldn’t tell if it was an adult or child as they kind of look the same from the front.  Just got a camera alert my neighbor is mowing his overgrown yard, he has to step into mine when he mows which is fine. I just wish he would keep his wife and child off my property.  They have been seen in my driveway and on my deck.  I don’t wonder on to other peoples property unless I am knocking at someone’s door and then it’s for a reason otherwise I keep to myself and wish others would do the same. 

Had something pop off at work last night and since I am chained to my email I jumped into gear and took care of a problem that didn’t fall into my teams bucket.  I got others involved and that quashed the problem.  I called my boss to tell him what I had done as a humble brag. 

A co-worker left yesterday for a new job and before they walked out the door I got an email that they told me they loved me and to keep in touch.  It was meant in a BRO kind of way, he’s totally not gay nor does he know I am.  Outside of my late spouse I’ve never had another man tell me they love me.  That made me feel pretty good.  My office is losing a lot of long time players they are jumping ship since the money is no longer there for them.  There are a few people left but only 1 that I totally trust.  Everyone else is in it for themselves but you’d never know that until you hear how they treat you behind your back and I’ve heard some stories so I tread lightly by design. 

Got my usual Sunday planned for tomorrow.  Breakfast, Target, Grocery Store and Gas Station.  I plan to hit up the local Mexican Place for supper and hopefully that will be a better experience than Red Lobster was today.  Then it’s on to a new week and the daily grind. 

Hope all is well, take care.

No comments: