22 August 2024

Day 1 - McDonald’s

I was able to keep my time off a secret and not remind anyone.  I’m sure Mr. Mistake Maker is beside himself because I left him with a ton of work to do.  Of course I will be going back to a ton of work but that is not for 11 more days. 

Had a bout of insomnia last night and was up from 2a until 4a.  The cats just blocked there faces using their paws and I watched TV until I got drowsy and fell back asleep. 

Rudy let me sleep in for 30 minutes and I was so thankful for that.  I got up and got going as if it was a normal day but then after breakfast I was able to return to watching TV and eventually drifted off to sleep for a bit. 

Got my shower and put on that new cologne, which I could hardly smell.  I went light on purpose just in case.  Had a little time to waste before I headed out. 

Stopped off at the bank to cash a check and they have a money storage machine.  It looks like a printer but it dispenses and takes cash.  Pretty cool.  I guess the days of having cash in drawers is gone. 

I made it to the doctors office with plenty of time to spare and they made me wait my turn.  I went down my list and yes I told the doctor about the chest pain I had.  He of course ordered an EKG, which came back perfectly normal.  However, he informed me of all of my risk factors that tilt in favor of me having a heart attack.  That was kind of scary.  However, since the EKG came back normal were just observing and he won’t take any further action unless there is a repeat episode. 

I complained about my tremor again and sounds like I will be headed to a Neurologist in the long term.  I honestly think it’s a side effect of the anti-depressants I am on but also coupled with my knotted upper back I think they feed on each other and that’s why I have the issue. 

Of course no doctors visit would be complete without a prick.  Yeah I’m talking about blood work.  I got a lady who was all pissed off that Burger King ripped her off at lunch and she took it out on my arms, missing both times.  Someone else stepped in and I got pricked 3 times before they got their blood.

On my way home I couldn’t decide quite what I wanted to do.  I could hit up Sam’s, I could stop at a shoe store or I could just get the mail and go back home.  I opted to grab the mail and go home. 

Got my car insurance renewal and damn prices went up again.  I have a very short time to pony up the money or look for new coverage.  I am going to do some shopping just for my own peace of mind. 

Meanwhile I am dealing with my newest problem.  I ordered some Shampoo & Conditioner on-line over the weekend.  It should be here by now.  UPS noted that the package was damaged in transit, the box was empty and has been discarded.  They notified the shipper.  I’ve called the shipper and left a voice mail yesterday.  No phone call back by this afternoon, so I sent an email.  I’ll bet you if I file a dispute with the bank to claw back my money that will get their attention.  I’m giving them a day to reach back out and if they don’t then I’m going to reach out to the bank.  I either want what I paid for or my money back. 

My neighbor got his roof done today.  The cats were all upset by the noise.  I am hopeful that was the last straw holding them from putting their house up for sale.  I’d like to see them leave sooner rather than later.  Time will tell. 

I am really tired but I’ve managed to stay awake.  Had McDonald’s for supper and it was good.  Loaded with salt that I could taste which is why I only eat it once in a blue moon.  It satisfied my craving. 

I plan to grab breakfast out tomorrow and then get my facial.  After that if I feel like it I will hit up Sam’s Club and the cat food store.  If not I will probably come home and take a nap, then go back out.  I don’t know where I want to eat dinner at tomorrow.  Thought about driving to a pizza place and getting pasta instead.  Perhaps something else will tickle my fancy, I just know that I won’t go hungry. 

Started watching Part 3 of That 90’s show on Netflix.  It’s pretty good, sure beats YouTube and commercials.  I’m not a fan of commercials but I don’t pay for YouTube.  I’m thinking of changing that. 

Well won’t be long and I’ll be winding down for the day.  Both cats are passed out cold but just wait magically they will both wake up just before I am ready to get up and move to the bedroom.  Rudy’s got to have his play time. 

Hope your day went well, thanks for stopping by.  Take care!

No comments: