23 August 2024

Day 2 - Fish & Shoes

Today was way more expensive than yesterday but I had a lot more fun as well. 

Started out with breakfast, got an omelet and had a double chocolate biscuit.  It was really good.  Then I drove around to kill an hour so I didn’t have to go back home just to leave again. 

Made it for my facial.  It felt amazing and to me it looks like I’m wearing make up but I know it’s just the products they used.  I got the esthetician to look at my neck since it’s been bothering me for well over a year.  She gave me some samples of some cream to use.  To her it looks like there were several layers of skin taken away back when I had my neck shaved and that caused damage.  She said that if the cream she gave me didn’t work that I should consult a dermatologist.  I remembered my $15 coupon which was nice to get the discount. 

After that I went on to buy a new pair of shoes.  They are walking shoes but they could be classed as tennis shoes.  I wear a size 10 but in order to get a comfortable fit I had to go to an 11 1/2 wide.  They are lace up shoes which I hate but the shoes themselves are comfortable.  Made by New Balance. 

Came home after spending all that money, relaxed with the cats.  Sprayed the new shoes with some water repellant and laid down to take a nap.  I think I maybe got 15 minutes of sleep, I really wasn’t drowsy but wanted to rest.  Had both cats with me and that made it enjoyable.  They loved it.  We were in bed for about an hour and a half. 

I got up around 2p and headed over to Sam’s club.  Damn couldn’t find most of what I was looking for.  I did get the necessary Paper Towels and Soda.  I picked some some cookies from the bakery.  They had some Carmel Squares that I was looking for.  I didn’t take a whole lot of time to look around but I did browse a bit.  The place was next to empty compared to the weekend.  I can always go back next week if I want. 

Then over to the pet food store and then back home.  Got the cat food put away and everything I just bought in the house.  Sat and watched TV to pass time until I needed to leave to grab supper. 

The place I had in mind turned out to be a bar.  It was horrible.  Very noisy and most people seemed to know each other.  I sat at a table for the longest time until I saw a guy get up and order a drink.  I got behind him and got a soda and placed my food order.  They messed that up but I did get fish and onion rings.  There was no tartar sauce and the fish was nuggets instead of fillets like I wanted.  It was just an average meal.  The real fun came when I went to pay the bill.  They said what’s the name on your tab?  I said I didn’t give my name.  I had to tell them what I ordered two times.  Then some busy body tried to convince me I just ate Mac & Cheese when I know full well I had onion rings for my side.  I left no tip, paid and got the hell out of there.  I’ll never ever go back it was a miserable experience. 

I flew home driving fast and ye old vehicle provided a thrilling ride and performed as I expected. 

Filed a dispute on the shampoo and conditioner since the company I bought it from has been non-responsive.  I figure I’ll get their attention one way or another.  I have no product therefore I don’t think they deserve any of my money. 

My next endeavor was to try to get an auto insurance quote on-line.  Good luck when your credit report is frozen.  I got an alert that a Soft Inquiry posted, despite the fact that I never provided my SSN.  Progressive was the only company that would quote me and turned out they were significantly cheaper than what I am paying.  However, I think I’m just going to keep what I have.  Years ago I got hit by one of Progressive’s insureds and they wanted to play all sorts of games in settling the claims process. I wound up having my insurance pay and then subrogate the claim to get the money from Progressive.  It wasn’t my fault and yet I was being treated as if I was the one who rear ended myself.

Felt more relaxed today and I know the longer I am away from work the more relaxed I will feel.  I know how I am going to feel when it gets closer to having to go back but for now that is more than a million miles in the future and I’ll deal with it when I have to. 

Thinking of having a fast food breakfast tomorrow and going to see my friends.  I may venture out of the area for supper over the weekend but for the most part plan to stay local.  My next dining adventure is planned for Monday. 

Hope all is well in your world.  Enjoy the weekend and take care!

No comments: