07 August 2024

Cool Down

Today is our first day of cooler weather, at least to start out.  Were in the 60’s which is a stark difference from where we have been at this time for the last few days.  By late afternoon we should see around 80 degrees.  However, it’s overcast now and the sun won’t come out until later this afternoon.  I’m okay with that the cooler weather is nice and I know my AC along with many other systems across the area are saying thank you. 

This appears to be the last week before the big back to school push start up.  From what I see on the internet looks like next Wednesday is when they all start to filter back and summer is over or so it will seem to many kids.  I’ve heard some talk of fall on the TV already and were only in early August.  This morning they were talking about Christmas on the news.  It sounds strange but it’s better than hearing about politics or tragedy. 

Watched a YouTube video in the past few days about standards that Cracker Barrel Employees are expected to uphold.  It was kind of interesting to learn.  I’ve not been to a Cracker Barrel since last year.  That is by design and on purpose as I am avoiding the waiter that said he’d call but never did.  It’s painful to see him looking so good and seeming to do so well.  I originally thought he was genuine when I approached him but now I just think he was a tease.  Oddly enough I’m kind of hungry for Cracker Barrel but I’ve made it 8 months I think I can keep on going. 

There has been more than a few things on YouTube that have piqued my interest and despite the ads with the right content it can be hours of entertainment.  However, I got bored last night and opted to watch Ashley Madison on Netflix.  I’ve made it through the first two episodes and I am half way on the final episode.  If there is any site that should have taken Cyber Security more seriously it’s that site.  Many lives are not the same today because the site owners/operators were more focused on greed and profit than the over all well being of their customer base, despite the promises on their page.  I’m interested to see the rest of the third episode.  This series appealed to me from the moment it came out but I kept putting off watching it, not exactly sure why but now I am anxious to dive back in. 

One meeting today just before lunch and otherwise I have nothing on my plate.  I am keeping an eye out so long as I am in front of the computer but that will come to an end sooner rather than later as I will be headed back up to check on the cats. 

My sleeping experience last night was average nothing spectacular but no bouts of insomnia which is a good thing.  I long for those nights where I wake up in the morning feeling like I had the greatest night of sleep ever, you know like back when I was younger.  It would be great to make it through the day with no naps or feeling tired.  I would love it even more to make it to the office and back home without feeling exhausted and struggling to stay awake.  More energy I think is what I am craving.  I’m sure there are many ways to obtain that both good and bad. 

Saw a good looking guy just after dusk walking down the street.  That is the one thing I like about summer no layers of clothes, coats or jackets.  You get to see guys both with and without shirts – HUBBA HUBBA.  I’m not a fan of the heat but a hot guy that is another story. 

Here’s hoping it’s a great day for all of us.  We made it to the half way point just a couple more days to go.  It’s my last golden weekend, that’s what they call it apparently in Residency when you are a Resident Physician.  Learned that from YouTube.  I plan to savor and enjoy it.  Thinking of making plans to get some auto service work done while I am on vacation.  It’s kind of a catch all time where I try to take care of a bit of everything, that is everything but what I really need which is a vacation away from the area for an extended period of time.  I’d like a life vacation but that won’t ever happen unless I win the lottery.  Then I think I’d move to California.  The cats would have one hell of a crib and so would I.  Ah, no charge for dreaming. 

Take care!

No comments: