Morning … Had a crazy nightmare woke up in the middle of the night. Managed to get back to sleep, despite Rudy thinking it was time to get up. I got him to calm down and lay down with me. He is sticking to me like glue at night time. Both cats are more chatty and I can see that being the case as they get older. Presuming that is what happens since this is a similar occurrence as I had with Momma’s family.
Woke up this morning all set for work and got to it. Learned that my mistake making co-worker is out all week and this appears to be unplanned. My other co-worker is at a doctors appointment so I am currently in charge of the ship and it’s been damn busy. Since there will only be 2 of us this week I am thinking that maybe I should not go in tomorrow and just WFH because when it comes time to leave if something comes up it could lead to disaster. I’m mulling that over not exactly crazy about it but then again I would get an hour of additional sleep. I’m on call next week so if I don’t get out this week I will be trapped here for 2 weeks. I am more pissed off that I didn’t get any kind of notice and it’s not marked on any tracking calendar we have for availability. I always tell people before I am out and if I have to call in I make sure the whole team knows so it doesn’t come as a shock or surprise. Common courtesy and communication just aren’t as common as they should be.
Had what felt like a near death experience yesterday. I went for Mexican food. I had a chip with some salsa on it and damn if the salsa didn’t go down the wrong pipe. I was a mess for like 5 minutes. I couldn’t talk and struggled to breath it felt awful. Thankfully I was able to get back to normal and it didn’t affect me enjoying my delicious meal. This place is super cheap and good, it just take a little bit to travel to. With a soda and my meal before tip I got out for $19.92 which is unheard of for a sit down meal. Not exactly sure why other restaurants don’t learn from Mexican restaurants with respect to drinks. A soda comes in a jumbo sized glass and one is usually enough for my meal. Just an observation I thought of while typing this.
It’s another hot couple of days and then things should cool off but no rain. I like the no rain but kind of wish that we were cooling down now. It was 70 when I got up at 7a and it’s a few minutes after 9 and it’s already 81 and still climbing.
That’s all I got for the moment hoping that the stress factor calms down and things return to more light and fluffy. Looking forward to lunch. Hope that your Monday is off to a better start than mine. Take care and stay safe & cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment