22 July 2017

Is it Saturday Yet?

Yes my Brothers & Sisters, we have made it to the weekend once again.  It’s been wickedly hot in my neck of the woods.  There is no relief in sight but this is typical weather for this time of year based on my location.  I am used to it, but that doesn’t mean my body doesn’t rebel.  I am smart enough to stay hydrated and in doors as much as possible. 

I’ve spent a lot of time on the telephone this week, both at work and home.  I called my friend to check on his cat and see how it was doing.  He talked my ear off for a couple hours.  Then yesterday on the way home I got a call from my friend that was fired.  We talked for well over three hours.  She is brining legal action against her former and my present employer.  I am named in some of the evidence and she told me to expect a call from her attorney.  I have no problem with talking with anyone but I won’t do it without the express knowledge of counsel and HR, as it could be detrimental to my job.  I am happy to help any way I can but I am not going to jeopardize my job, there is far too much that depends on my continued employment.  Plus I’m reasonably happy and that is quite uncommon.

Work has been well work.  I have a list of tasks that I am trying to accomplish, I scratch something off and add something, I thought for sure everything would be done by Friday.  Nope, emergencies keep cropping up and I have to push my list aside so as a result I get further behind.  It’s a zoo and I keep getting compliments on what a good job I am doing and how proud my boss is of me.  I feel important and the sense of a little but not much power, that in and of it’s self is quite rewarding.  However, this all adds a considerable amount of pressure to my job, which has no signs of dissipating anytime soon.  I am also on-call as of yesterday through the 31st.  A wicked stretch of time but I’ll get through it like I always do. 

Today I had breakfast at Steak N Shake, no cute blond cook.  I am starting to think the cute guys have all left that place.  Then I stopped by the eye doctor looked at all of the frames that were ordered.  Sadly they all looked good in pictures but not in person.  They had a frame that caught my eye by Kenneth Cole and that is what I went with.  I found out there is a silicone nose pad option so if they start slipping then I am not sunk.  Afterwards I hit up the post office to grab my latest monthly cologne subscription and some junk mail.  Then home to be with the kids.  I just sat with them browsing my phone.  Then after a while I just put the phone down and enjoyed the fact that I was in their company.  There was no one or nothing to disturb us.  I know that we have a limited amount of time together and I want to enjoy as much of that as possible.  Big Boy’s output has improved with the help of some medication.  I had to love on him and tell him how proud I was of him.  There is no question about it, he owns the couch now.  He’s eating pretty darn good so if he puts all of his weight back on I’ll get my couch back but I much prefer that he stays just as he is.  I did warn everyone that this is claw trimming weekend, they all need it.  What fun for me, not!

I have a few items to place in the mail and then need to think about what is for dinner.  I originally planned on staying in but I’ve got the money, so why not go out and enjoy myself.  It’s one of the few pleasures in life that I have.  Treating myself is totally up to me because there is no one else that will spoil me, at least for now.  I need to stop by the Hallmark store one of the cards I got last weekend is defective, I don’t have my receipt so it might be a challenge but for $3.95 you bet it’s worth my time.  I also am once again in need of cat food.  Coming home and starting laundry, playing on the computer and then finding something to watch before calling it a night.  It’s boring but it’s better than nothing.  I did think about going into the office today but quickly took that off the table.  If I put in overtime to accomplish my regular job it will soon become an expectation and the norm.  I don’t want to set a precedence. 

Sunday will be the usual breakfast, grocery shopping, finishing up laundry and now claw trimming.  Plus dealing with anything that may arise on the work front.  As well as staying cool, eating some good food and enjoying what will be my last day of peace before another stretch of 5 full working days kick off. 

I hope that all is well in your world and that your staying cool this summer.  Funny thing is in Australia it’s winter now.  Each day brings us closer to cooler weather.  Hang in there folks, were going to make it through this!  Talk with you peeps later. 

No comments: