06 July 2017

Integrity

At work we were all told to check the on-line portal to make sure that our salary increases were reflected after our reviews.  I logged on yesterday and wow was I surprised.  Someone made a large mistake because my salary looked like I won the lottery.  I was faced with a dilemma, let things play out and let my employer claw back all of the money that wasn’t mine OR report it and save the headache.  I chose to report it and save the headache.  Turns out something went wrong with an upgrade that was done last week and everyone’s salary looked like they hit the lottery.  If not reported, payday would have cost my employer a ton of money.  Is there a reward for doing the right thing?  Nope I got a thank you and that was it.  I didn’t report it expecting anything in return, but it would have been a nice gesture.  Considering what a nightmare I saved them from.  So long as my paycheck is correct when it is issued next week I will be happy.  I would rather not give back money once I receive it, then you have the whole tax thing and it would have been a huge mess for everyone.  I think my actions speak much louder than my words and I have clearly demonstrated integrity.  It’s not the first time and it won’t be the last time. 

Work since were talking about it, is busy.  Trying to figure out how to get everything done is a chore in and of it’s self.  Thankfully some of the BS meetings that were on track for today have been cancelled, so that will make my life a bit easier. 

Yesterday was the first day back after the long holiday break and it was difficult to go to bed early and even more difficult to wake up early.  The cats adjusted just fine but daddy well I am still in recovery mode.  Last night I was really exhausted.  Gator slept with me and of course she was a nudge in the middle of the night so I had to remove her from the room.  I also had a large knot in my back.  This morning things flowed a bit smoother than yesterday.  I imagine by tomorrow I will be fully recovered and then we get 2 days off for the weekend. I love time away especially now that I am working harder and longer days. 

When I came home yesterday I expected to see Big Boy on the couch but nope he was still on the floor.  When I left this morning he was on the couch, I haven’t yet had time to check in on them but it’s on my to do list.  I won’t feed him on the couch any more partially because it makes the couch a mess and partially because it cheats Marv out of his fair share. 

Were all moving right along and things are okay for the most part.  A little frustration here and there but that’s life.  Looking forward to the weekend, sleeping in, taking naps, relaxing and probably looking at new glasses.  Nothing really planned per say, which is how I like to operate.  Keep my weekends open and then I have options.  Plan them and they just fly by faster than you can imagine, or so it seems. 

I hope all is well in your world and that things are going your way.  Talk with you all again soon.

No comments: