07 March 2015

The Fan

Friday night … I went to the pet food store and you know who was working.  When I went to check out, he called for the manager because there was a line of customers.  It was a great way to get rid of me, so he didn’t have to deal with me.  I completed my transaction when he called me by name and said how are you doing?  To which I replied ok, how about you?  He said ‘life is crazy’.  That was the extent of our conversation.  You can’t tell me that your life is so out of control you can’t spare 5 minutes to make a phone call.  I’m over it but him calling me by name kind of tells me that he might be interested, but I am not sure.  If he calls well great but based on how things have gone so far I am not sure that we are compatible because when I make a commitment I keep it and if I can’t I at least apologize.

Any who, I came home fed the muffins and then decided to get to work on the fan.  I got the entire thing apart and there is no way the receiver (I previously called it a transmitter, but that is actually the remotes job to transmit a signal) would fit inside of the fan.  I don’t know who thought it would be a “suitable replacement” but they were obviously impaired at the time they made that decision.  I fought like crazy to get the damn thing back together, finally listening to my inner voice and taking a break to eat supper.  Then going back at it again and deciding well I should give it up for the evening.  However, before I do that why don’t we take the remote control apart.  Gee I wish I would have thought of this first, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble.  In taking the remote apart I noticed that there was some rubbery black film/liquid that was covering the circuit board.  No wonder I had a problem.  I cleaned that up with a cotton swab and some lighter fluid.  Then I cleaned the rubber button.  The challenge was putting it all back together again and seeing if it would work.  I managed to get it back together and it actually works.  My problem is solved.  I couldn’t believe it.  Normally I would have started there. 

Saturday … I woke up early, fed the children and watched TV, then went back to sleep.  When I woke up they wanted their 2nd breakfast, which they didn’t get.  I had something to tide me over for a while.  Then I started in on the fan.  It kicked my ass again for a bit, but finally I got it back together.  I have an extra screw and I know why.  I will fix that at a later date.  I was just eager to get it back together.  Turned on the power and presto the remote for the fan and lights works perfectly, like new again.  I’m very happy but tired.  So I drink a soda and sit and watch TV.  Eventually getting tired again and taking a nap.  When I woke up it was 3.  I decided that I would go to TGI Fridays, the location by me just opened back up.  As I suspected when I arrived lots of other people had the same idea.  I couldn’t get anyone to put my name on the list, so I walked out and went to a BBQ place that I like.  The host was hot and then in walk 2 guys who are eating there – 1 of them was hot.  I kept staring at him but something tells me he wasn’t batting for the same team.  Then I left and came back home.  I did stop and pick up the mail, but it was full of junk, which is why I do my mail runs every 2 days, unless of course I am expecting something.  My mom called while I was out and then again when I got back home.  I didn’t want to but I took the call.  She told me that there was a fight.  My brothers girlfriend moved in and her and mom had words over a lost shirt.  It should have been a non-issue but they all love the drama.  Then my brothers girlfriend apparently left with her clothes, essentially moving out but she still has a key.  She got a new job and mom thinks that she will be staying at her house.  If you own a house then you should live there, isn’t that why your making mortgage payments? 

My mom babbled on for a while, we chatted about different things and managed to stay on the phone, even with long pauses for an hour.  I had to feed the children so I called it and we hung up.  She of course doesn’t want me to tell my brother, but I told her that I don’t talk with him so there was no worry.  She is paranoid that they are talking about her all the time and that her phone is tapped.  At least her eye sight is getting better, that was the one of the few positive things that she said. 

That brings us to now.  I gave in and purchased a 1 year subscription to ZixMail after searching and finding the lowest possible price.  Hopefully, when it expires next year I can find a good price as well.  I have advanced all of the clocks by one hour, so the hope is that I will get to bed early tonight.  I plan on a facial and a nice warm shower to help aid with my plan.  It sounds nice but hopefully I don’t talk myself out of it. 

The weather was great today in the middle 60’s.  Tomorrow should be the same thing.  All of the car washes in the area are packed, lines upon lines.  My car needs a bath as well but I will get there when I get there.  I was driving the truck today and will also be driving it again tomorrow. 

Not sure how things are in your part of the world but in my state they allow Electric Aggregates – so a company acts essentially as a middle man between you and the power company.  The aggregates buy power at a lower rate which saves you money, because they purchase in bulk.  It’s very interesting that the cost of power changes each and every day.  They have a power stock market essentially where traders buy and sell all day long.  I saw a special about it a while back on TV and I would have never thought about it.  California and Nevada are both big time players in the market.  I got a notice in the mail that the current contract was expiring and it was time to call to renegotiate.  The only reason we went with them is because my partner saw the opportunity to sign up and get $100 in a Visa Gift Card, it was free money at no cost and then they were saving him money on top of that.  Well the town I live in has an aggregate and it’s prices are even cheaper, but I couldn’t figure out how to join.  Instead I stumbled on a site that would help find the best rate.  I got locked into 5.6 cents per kilowatt hour and the term is fixed for 24 months (2 years).  They charge $150.00 if you terminate early.  However, the power bill is the only thing that I haven’t switched into my name.  I’ve got 90 days to try it out and if I don’t like it I can break away for free.  I got an e-mail earlier this week from the power company that the budget amount every month is going up by $50.  So my hope is when they do a reassessment in 3 to 6 months that the price of the bill is lower instead of higher.  However, we will have switched over to AC by then and if it’s a humid summer the AC will kill me.  So I hope I made a smart decision, time and my bank account will tell.

There you have my weekend so far.  I am looking forward to enjoying another day off tomorrow and playing with the light timers to get them set so the outside lights power on at the right time.  One of them updates automatically and the other one requires manual intervention.  Oh and the car clocks I will do them tomorrow otherwise I would freak out on Monday.  It will be bad enough that it’s Monday I don’t need to create problems.  I do hope that next week is a better week for traffic, of course the sun will be out and if people get blinded by it there could be more accidents, let’s just hope everyone wears their sunglasses. 

I hope your having a great weekend.  Talk with you all again soon.

No comments: