Yesterday when I arrived home I anticipated finding that all of the bushes were trimmed and the outside of the house was looking better than it has. Unfortunately, that was not the case. So I called up Lawn Boy and told him that I was confused. He left me a message saying he would be by on Sunday or Monday but he hasn’t shown up. Oh he was waiting for me to call. Funny his message didn’t imply that I needed to call unless I had questions, which is why I didn’t call. In any case he promised to get to the job this week. He told me that there is a lot of dead stuff around and asked me if I wanted to replace anything. I told him nope. The place already looks like a forest, the prior owners had over planted before we moved in, to make the place a little more appealing. I am all for thinning it out and keeping it simple, which will make things easier on me, him and my wallet. I could care less what the neighbors think or say.
My refund check from the Title Company arrived yesterday and I was very happy to deposit it. Now we are done, I got everything I was promised for a chance. For curiosity sake I did send money to the county and ask them for a copy of what is in their records, to make sure that nothing was missed. I have electronic copies of everything and the originals are going in the safe deposit box over the weekend. I have no need to keep those documents around the house, they are super important and need to be in a secure location.
I was also a little bit on cloud 9, I asked a co-worker for his cell phone number. It was for business purposes but I honestly didn’t think I would get it and he forked it right over. I’ve got a little bit of a crush on him but he is married and again I don’t want to mix business and pleasure. I did however manage to find his Face Book page, what I was looking and hoping for was a shirtless photo but sadly one isn’t posted there.
Speaking of Face book I checked up on a guy that I used to work with, we are friends in electronic form. He doesn’t really communicate with me since we no longer work together. We work in the same building but he is too good to go to lunch with me. In any case he is straight and very fine looking. Turns out he just got back from a cruise with his girlfriend and they took lots of photos, all of which are posted to Face book. He’s really in shape – wish I looked as good as he does. Then again he is like 20 years younger than me. Still he has a very amazing chest and well defined arms. Need I say more, as I wipe the drool from my face.
Things are going pretty well at home. Bear used his pads like he was supposed to. I got to trim claws for everyone last night but Ruth. She has a special date in 2 weeks and I don’t look forward to it anymore than she does. Marvin let out a scream after I cut one of his nails and he made me think that I hurt him. I felt so bad but then I realized it was just a trick to make me feel guilty. Damn. He expressed his displeasure by not sleeping with me last night. This morning we were once again the best of friends and he was in my bed after I got out of the shower. He acted like he was staying there all day and chances are really good that he will. He loves my room be it the bed or the chair. I have been told by my late partner when of course he was alive that Marvin would spend all day in my room, most of the time on my bed and he wouldn’t move. Once I got home life went back to normal for him. Oddly enough he doesn’t eat that much but he could still stand to lose a couple pounds.
Yesterday in my post I really had a light bulb moment in that I discovered the root of my problem that I am dealing with right now is being all alone. That is the scary part. I was thinking about it on the way in this morning that this is the first time in 40 something years that I have no one to come home to. No one to chat with on a daily basis and no one to cook dinner. My feelings are perfectly normal and it’s no wonder why I feel this way. I’ve got to figure out how to get past it, so that it doesn’t consume me and swallow me alive. The best method I think is finding someone else – that will help a great deal. I have fears that I won’t be able to make things work but I think that if I find the right person all of the things I am concerned with will vaporize and it will all fall in to place.
Work has been crazy but that helps pass the time. I also left a couple minutes early yesterday, which was nice. One of my neighbors at work was out and the other one was immersed in a call so I was able to tip toe right to the elevator. That won’t work tonight but it is nice when I can get away with it.
Lunch time is around the corner and then it’s down hill from there. It’s raining here and is supposed to continue all day long. So I know my bushes wont be trimmed today. However, it will be necessary to stop and see what the mailman left me. I am waiting on a package of more pads for Bear. Were not out but I like to be prepared in case the great flood hits.
Last night I saw the latest episode of Secrets and Lies. Ryan Phillppe didn’t disappoint in that he was shirtless again, which was nice. The show is getting interesting and still I wonder if and when we will ever reach any firm conclusions. The show is about a little boy who Ryan’s character finds in the woods, the boy has been murdered. He was struck in the head with a flashlight, oddly the same type of flash light that is owned by Ryan’s character. It gets better in that Ryan’s character is the father of the little boy – he doesn’t know this until the boy is gone. Everyone in town thinks that Ryan’s character committed the murder and he is working to clear his name and find the killer of his son. His entire family is affected by this and it looks like his marriage is on the rocks. However, there are up and down moments just like there are in any marriage. Clearly this is not a normal circumstance that everyone experiences. Once the case is solved I wonder what the next twist will be or then again will the case ever be solved?
Very strange dream last night I was working with my brother at a company and was promoted to be his boss and was over a couple of other guys as well. One of them was a childhood friend of my brother. Anyway one thing led to another in that drama built up, nothing sexual. I was fired and my brother of all people was trying to defend me. I saw the old HR Director from a prior job. She was deciding what I could take from my office and what I could keep. I was rushed and purposely took my time so that I didn’t miss anything. There were boxes upon boxes of crap. I also had a list of items along with receipts to prove they belong to me. The strange thing is that I have a list of items and receipts at my desk for my current job, for that very reason. I don’t want anyone to say I am taking company property when in fact it’s something that I purchased on my own. The dream was over with like that. I really didn’t want to come to work today after that but every day is about moving forward. So I went through my routine and presto here I am at work.
As I was getting ready for bed last night I got two text messages. I asked Marvin from the other room who was messaging me. He just meowed. I guess that was his way of saying I am a cat and I have no idea. I went to look and it’s some lady that I have never heard of asking me to add her on Insagram and then she sent a photo of herself. It was another group message. I am convinced that the bots from Grindr have hacked the system and obtained peoples cell phone numbers. Now I get all of these strange messages. It’s just bizarre as I don’t give out my cell phone number and you are not required to provide a cell phone number to use Grindr but the app is only available for mobile devices. I blocked her but in a day or so they will move to a different number so it soon becomes impossible to fight. I looked for an app to help combat this but there really isn’t anything that I could find that didn’t have bad reviews and/or comments saying the app is a waste of money. Other peoples misery can save you if you take time to read reviews. I thought about signing up for a feature with my carrier that will block text messages and phone calls from a certain amount of numbers, but then talked myself out of it for now. Verizon allows you to block 5 people for 90 days and it’s totally free. The iPhone has a built in blocking feature, which is what I am using now.
Off I go to solve problems. Talk with you peeps again soon. Happy rainy Tuesday! Looking forward to Tosh.O tonight, it’s time for a laugh or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment