17 March 2015

Mad as a hornet

Happy St. Patrick’s Day (guess that should be in green).  In any case I arrived to the office this morning to read an e-mail from the local guy at the Title Company that is helping me.  He reached out to the broad that I have been dealing with in CA and she responded by telling him to tell me that I needed to speak with her supervisor and provided a name and a phone number.  Seriously I am totally not kidding.  That sent me over the edge.  I wanted to scream but being in a professional environment that is not acceptable so I did the next best thing I called the supervisor.  I started off all nice, polite and calm and progressively got to my boiling point where I told her who else i was contacting, that I wasn’t above seeing an attorney and that not only did I want my document but I wanted a refund of the monies I paid them for there so called service.  Holy shit I was fired up and people around me didn’t know that I could get that way.  No one said anything but I am sure they heard the conversation.  I almost tossed in some expletives but left them out.

So I got a call back from the Supervisor she wanted to talk with me.  So I called her and we chatted.  She apologized profusely and instantly offered to send me my money back.  They were going to overnight it but I told them regular mail is fine.  Then she said we can wire transfer the money.  I said nah regular mail is fine.  Then we started talking about the issue at hand.  She will be sending me the documents.  There was a chain of custody issue with the title that a local person raised, however she has spoken with her underwriting attorney and they say there is no issue and we don’t have anything else to do.  That is good news.  So I believe I hammered home my point and now I will be a little richer as well as getting the documents.  It is totally a shame that I had to jump through all of these hoops but hopefully she follows through and these aren’t empty promises. 

I still plan to write to the President of the the company as well as the President of the Mortgage Service I used and explaining the situation.  No one should have to encounter this type of treatment.  I realize that my set of circumstances were slightly unique but I am not the only person in the world to take property from a trust and title it in an individual name because the Grantor passed away.  This type of transaction is quite common, that is the reason why Trusts are created. 

In other news last night it was 80 degrees in the house and there is no way I could sleep with it that humid.  So I turned on the AC only to find that there is no AC.  It was late and I didn’t feel like going outside but it’s either a Capacitor that needs to be replaced or it’s time for Freon or both.  I won’t know until tonight when I get home and can turn it on again and go outside and look.  Then the horrible part is calling someone for service.  They know they have you by the balls and they love to take all of your money.  The weather has calmed down so it won’t be that hot for a while, according to the forecast.  So my plan is to call for service ahead of time and schedule it for Saturday.  I didn’t really cool things down last night but I had the fans on and that plus my medicine helped me sleep. 

My mother called when I was ‘busy’ if you know what I mean.  Way to ruin a moment.  I didn’t answer the phone.  I waited a while and then called her back.  She told me that she thinks my brother is going to marry the broad he is with.  He seems to spend all of his time at her place.  That is understandable.  I mean you can only be around mommy so long.  The thing is he has to pass by my place to get to her place.  You’d think he would call and want to stop in or just stop by to say hi.  Nope nothing doing.  See why I keep them at a distance?  They are trouble and cause me more stress than they are worth.  Speaking of which I took time to review my Last Will & Testament over the weekend.  I named my brother as Executor if my partner passed.  So at some point I will want to re-do things.  For now it’s acceptable as is.  The guy who gets my Life Insurance money from work knows that I want that money to be used for the care of the cats.  I will prepare a document that goes with the Will that spells that out.  Cats can be considered tangible property and just like I can leave specific items to specific people I can Will the cats as well.  I have no plans on dying but if I do I want to know that they are taken care of. 

I have to jump on the phones early this afternoon and I am not terribly happy about that but I am eager to leave.  So the afternoon just brings me closer to quitting time.  I couldn’t believe how fast morning rolled around again.  We will play this silly little game for a few more days, only because I like money.

The on-line dating world is silent, at least as of last night.  I do get some joy from checking the apps because you never know if someone decent has messaged you or if someone decent will catch your eye.  The thrill lasts for about 30 seconds and then I realize no messages, no new guys.  Then I move on to something else.

I’ve been wondering about the Raccoons and last night they came home.  Momma alerted me that they were outside by hissing at them.  They looked at me, like how can you tell this face no.  Please feed me.  I saw 2 of them, not sure where the other one is, if it’s even still alive.  I hope so.  I only feed them once and a great while.  God didn’t intend for me to feed all of his animals.  Otherwise he would have made me wealthy.  At least that is my way of looking at it. 

So I have returned to a state of calm, which is good.  You think better and make better decisions that way.  It’s a little chilly here but still nice weather in the 50’s.  Supposed to be that way for the rest of the week.  I do think Winter is done, which is kind of nice.  Lawn Boy should be hitting me up soon and trimming the bushes, so that extra money I am getting will come in quite handy.  I have it for a short time and then it’s gone.  Get some more and soon it’s gone.  There seems to be no short supply of problems and expenses that take away one’s money.  I am thankful to have it but wish I could keep it for a while longer, at least earn some interest. :-)

Talk with you peeps later.

No comments: