10 October 2012

The Bully is Back

While he is not here yet, the boss man (bully) is on his way to the office.  Thankfully he should only be here today and part of tomorrow.  Then we will be free again, that is until Monday.  So long as he stays away from me, life is all good.  I got an e-mail from him already this morning when I was sitting in the garage.  I’ve already taken care of what he wanted.

Last night I was talking with one of my co-workers and the poor thing, while she didn’t say she was miserable, just from the few words she muttered I can tell.  She asked me, so how are you ever supposed to feel secure here?  I told her simply you are not.  Security or a comfort feel doesn’t come with this job and it never will.  We are all expendable and they are not shy in any way, shape or form about firing people.  I told her that they planned on getting rid of me and that my job was and still is posted on the internet.  Wow, that shocked her.  Then I told her that they will actually interview people while you are in the office, doing your job.  As soon as they find the right person, they fire you and the hired person starts the next day.  Which is exactly what happened to the woman she replaced.  That really surprised her.  Sad to say but she is being watched and they are looking for a reason to fire her.  Not sure why, she is always chipper and seems to know her stuff.  She has had to take some time off due to family issues but it was the right thing for her to do.  Employers don’t always see that.  Especially here where peoples priorities are messed up.  They think of work first and then everything else comes second.  Sorry, not in my book – Myself and My Family are my primary concerns.  No one will ever change that, no job is worth it and there is no amount of money you can pay me.  I get that people can’t call in every day and that you have to show up to get paid.  However, if there is a family problem and I’m needed or I don’t feel well – sorry but I won’t be in.  Simple as that!

Since we are talking about the job, I have continued to look here and there.  Right now the market is as dead as it ever was.  Unless you want a contract position or something temporary, you are pretty well out of luck.  I don’t want to give up what I have until I find something better to replace it.  I thought I would never be able to say this but I am semi-comfortable here.  I know everyone and have a slight feel for how things work.  Just keep me away from the crab ass and life is good!

Wish me luck as today is the first day off of my antibiotic in 3 weeks.  I still feel a little off.  Like now I am HOT but then again the heat is on in my office.  I was hot when I left the house and took off my jacket and left it in the car.  I rode in with outside air on but had to alternate between that and heat to keep the windows clean.  Fog can be a battle and is no good when your trying to drive. 

Now on to family.  I guess I didn’t understand my partner yesterday but the Urologist removed the catheter.  He wound up peeing his pants on the way home.  He has NO control over his bladder.  When he gets the urge it just comes out, if he tries to hold it back that just makes it come out even more.  It’s all messed up.  Clearly he needs a catheter, but the doctors don’t seem to want to give in.  The urologist put him on a drug that makes him go more.  He isn’t taking that medicine just yet. 

Today he sees his PCP and is hoping for some clarification on the drugs he is supposed to take as well as a catheter.  Our insurance won’t pay for diapers so a catheter is his only option. 

I find it totally amazing that the older we get our bodies revert to that of a new born.  Some cases even our minds too.  No wonder they call getting older going through your 2nd childhood.

Saturday we get to visit the eye doctor, so my partner can find out how his eyes are and if he needs new glasses.  Those people nickel and dime you to death.  They want their money before they will even order your glasses.  I can already tell you that he doesn’t have it. So they will have to work with him or else he will be wearing the same old glasses as he is today.

I am really not sure what is up with the boys.  Two nights in a row Big Boy hasn’t slept with me. Jumper came in last night at the very last minute.  When I woke up at 5 he was sitting in my chair, which seems to be his new place.  We started out cuddling and I guess I fell asleep and he left me.  He left the room at 5 and was sitting by his brothers side when I woke up at 6.  Those two are spending much more time together and while I like that, I also hate it because it makes me thing that something is wrong.

I listened to Big Boy’s lungs last week and he sounded really good.  However, this morning he used the bathroom and he was all out of breath and open mouth breathing.  I stayed with him to calm him and then I had to get going.  I worry about him and how much longer he will be with us.  It’s been about 3 months since he had his lungs tapped and his normal record is 6 months.  I don’t want to go back to the vet with him, but if we have to we will.  Jumper needs his FVCRP shot – whatever that is.  I know it has something to do with Respiratory Infection and when we take him for that, they will want to give him a Rabies shot.  He’s not going to get Rabies, he is an inside cat, it’s just another way to sucker more money out of us.

I got the laundry done but I also wound up in bed late.  It took as long as I expected and I was really tired.  However, the important thing is we made it.  Now tonight if all goes well I will be looking to wash some long sleeve shirts.  I don’t need them right away so I can throw them in and forget about them until the weekend.  I think this will be wardrobe change weekend.  I mean I need to face facts, it’s not going to get any warmer, which sucks.  The good news is that Lawn Boy doesn’t have much more time to go so I will be saving some money soon.  That is a very good thing.

Since I have started working, I have had plans to save money and try to prepare for a rainy day.  However, there have been so many unplanned expenses that what little bit I have been able to tuck away, I have had to spend..  I hope that I will be able to change that and start on the path to savings again.

One of the ladies I work with is really sick.  She came to work today with a fever and she is schmoozing with everyone.  I say keep away, I don’t want or need it.  I don’t think anyone else here does either.  I wish sick people would stay home, especially if they have a fever.  Besides that how much work do you think she will get done today?  Probably not that much to make it worth coming in. 

I was very pleasantly surprised this morning when I arrived.  I left a nice note last night asking for my office to be vacuumed.  They not only vacuumed but they cleaned my whole office from top to bottom.  I had to rearrange a few things but damn, this was an outstanding job.  All I wanted was for the dust to be removed from the floor.  They really went above & beyond my expectations.  Which doesn’t happen very often.

I have some actual work to do, but I am waiting on FedEx to deliver a machine.  So that will help pass the day.  That is all I know right now.  I hope all is well in your world.  Take care and I will talk with you peeps later!

2 comments:

Jude said...

I sure hope Big Boy will be okay for a long time yet Jer. And why would the doc take your hubby off the cathetar if he still needs it??

Seeing as the dust bothers you so much it must be great to have your office vaccumed out finally. Maybe they should do that daily when they clean.

At this point I'm still wearing my flip-flops outside but soon enough I'll be back to closed shoes.... kinda like your long sleeves!

Jeremy Ryan said...

Not sure about the doctors. He clearly needs something because I am doing way too much laundry! I mean we go out and then have to rush back home because he didn't make it. Not cool! Plus it's worse if we are in my car because then I have to clean it.

The madness has to stop, simply put. I told him to be firm with his doctors. He goes back on Tuesday. If they don't give him some releif then I will get involved and they will have wished they would have done some thing sooner. Just because he is old doesn't mean he is stupid and they have no license for treating him like a 2nd class citzen or a pawn. See I'm already starting :) temper in check now.

I leave my door open most of the time, so presumably they vaccum all the time. Never ever have they dusted like they did the other day. I just had to get the loose dust off the floor. So I left a note. Just happy they did an awesome job.

Crazy ass weather. It's getting hot again but then it's going to cool down. No wonder everyone is walking around sick. Glad I didn't change wardrobes this weekend! My leather jacket is still in the closet, hopefully I can leave it there for a bit longer.