Well I survived dinner last night. I felt like such a 3rd wheel and really didn’t want to be there. However, I didn’t want to give off the vibe that I am not a team player.
I found out there is a war between one of the girls in the office and the new guy. I found out about some new clicks that I wasn’t aware of. Very interesting what you can learn when the office gets together outside of the office. So VERY glad that I am not going on the company trip.
One of the owners put me on the spot last night and asked me in front of everyone if they intimidated me. I said no way. However, there is one person that does. Bet you can’t guess who that is.
I was also told publicly in front of everyone that I am doing an awesome job and that’s why they are giving me more responsibility. I am fully trusted now, which I guess means before I wasn’t trusted. I don’t know. This place is just plain strange! I call it the most messed up place I have ever worked. I am comfortable though and very happy that things are working out like I wanted them to. I still don’t trust anyone and that is the biggest reason why I keep my mouth shut. It’s a hard thing to do when by nature your used to talking, but it’s better off for me that I am tucked away in my cove and keep to myself.
Today I figured out how to almost have an orgasm at my desk and it felt so good. Brace yourself. I took my shoes off, yep that felt so wonderful. My right foot in the ball of the foot is killing me again. Feels like my socks are bunched up all the time, but they aren’t. Take my socks off and it feels like I am walking on a rock. I have started taking Ibuprofen and am thinking about replacing the shoe inserts I got with new ones, maybe they wore down after 6 months of almost daily use. If that doesn’t work then I am ready to get a foot replacement or maybe just go see a foot doctor. Really don’t want to do that though.
When our little dinner ended, it was pouring rain and so very cold. I drove home and couldn’t see the lanes on the road, but kept it together until I got in the city and then I was all over the place. Damn I guess I need to eat more carrots to help out the eyes.
Speaking of which, the eye doctor called and my partners appointment has been rescheduled to next month. I think it’s on the same day I have to visit the dentist now that I think about it. I will have to try to remember to double check tonight.
Finally heard that our friends accepted our invite for Turkey Day. However, they want to switch things up a bit. They will meet us at the restaurant, so we don’t have to pick them up. They will pay for their half of the bill, plus they are bringing along a friend. This happens to be a person I can’t fucking stand. She asks so many questions and is so nosy. Thank God when the meal is over we will be free of her. It should still be a good time or so I hope. I’ve got to e-mail him the menu so he isn’t caught off guard with the prices and the changes that have taken place. It went from a 5 course meal down to a 3 course meal. The price went up, but that is to be expected.
One of the girls here needs some software on her computer, it’s for billing. I got the software but it requires a password before it can be installed. I called some help desk and left a voice mail, hopefully they will call me back and we can put this to bed. This lady is an idgit. I like her but she gets on my damn nerves, so needy all the time!
I am hoping they let us go early. I’ve got to hit up the grocery store, the cat food store and make my regular stop at the post office. A whole lot of running to do. Not to mention the money I will have to part with.
Right now I am scanning a machine for viruses and malware. It’s been close to 2 hours and damn, it’s still going. I’ve got an appointment this afternoon to help a lady who is getting a new machine. I am ready to jump into that, because scanning is so very boring!
Well back to working or something like that :) Talk with you peeps later!
1 comment:
Well that is wonderful that you were publicly praised for the job you are doing! Congrats Jer, you did it! :-)
I agree, doing my weekly scans is B.O.R.I.N.G.!!! Anitvirus, malware, spyware.....and I also do a registry scan and a "clean up" of temporary files etc......plus every few months I do a defrag.
It might be best for you if you do get to a foot doctor, I know foot pain is so damn debilitating.
Take care of you! xoxox
Post a Comment