22 October 2012

Weekend

Friday… We went to the restaurant I talked about.  I joined the Mile High Club and never left the ground.  They have a reward club for eating there called the Mile High Club.  Once you build up enough points you get a gift certificate for free food.  Not too shabby!  This place may become our new Friday nigh hangout.  At least I know it will be one of the places we frequent on a regular basis.  I got $54 worth of food for $26.

After supper it was back home, to relax.  I got a response from Facebook, it was a canned reply that basically said you did it wrong and here’s how to fix it.  They are sending me back to square one.  Seriously!

Saturday… Slept in way too much.  My partner left because he had to run to a store to get some parts.  I had agreed to go with him but forgot all about it.  I woke up shortly after he left. I decided to get a hair cut.  Wow, it was my lucky day.  I walked in and they were talking about having to call the help desk to hook up their fax machine.  I offered my services and much to my surprise they said if you hook it up, we will give you a free haircut.  So I unplugged the old one, plugged in the new one and presto all set.  I sent myself a fax from there and it showed up on my iPhone so I knew we were all good.  When I told them I was done some 2 minutes later they were surprised.  Gee it’s only a fax machine.  I got my free haircut and shampoo.  Saved myself $20.  I also gave them a card and said let me know if you need anything else.  Heck I could easily get free haircuts all of the time.  I went back home and my partner finally came home.  We went to eat at a place that sent him a $15 gift certificate for his birthday.  Food was okay, nothing too special.

I went out for some Taco Bell, a fish sandwich and to mail some letters.  It was dark and raining.  I was having a hard time seeing and of course I wasn’t wearing my glasses, not that they would have helped.  Some dummy decided to make a left turn, so they were moving over into the left turn lane and then at the last second they changed their mind.  By then I was right beside them.  The intersection we were at also allowed for someone one my right to make a turn.  So it was do or die – quick reaction on my part saved me from an auto accident.  I went right and then quickly went left.  Then I hit the gas to get the hell away from those crazy ass people.  See you just never know when something bad can happen out of the blue.

Sunday… Slept in again but woke up early.  Went to Huddle House for their Philly Cheese Steak, it’s something new they added.  It was really good.  I could have downed two of them.  One of the cute waiters was working.  I finally got up the courage to take his picture and I wanted to post it here just to show you what a fine sweet butt this boy had.  However, he was wearing black pants and the picture didn’t turn out so good.  Ah, well better luck next time. 

On our way home I talked my partner in to stopping at the grocery store.  We did and I got to spend even more of my money.  Then home to unload them and put them away. 

My car was making some funny noises so I decided to check the tires.  Sure enough they were low but not seriously low.  So I pumped them up.  All but one of them, no matter how much I tried it wasn’t taking any air.  Time for a trip to the tire store.  They patched a small leak but found no object.  Goodbye $25.  I’m back on the road.  Glad I found it when I did.  I don’t want to be stranded!

While I was waiting for my car, I used my phone and browsed Facebook.  You remember the friend that won’t talk with me.  Well I am friends with one of his sisters and she posted a recent photo of him on her wall.  I am such a mess after seeing that.  He has some facial hair and looks like he blew up a little.  I have no attraction to him but psychologically it has messed me up.  I just don’t get why our friendship had to end.  I want to reach out to him again but I’m sure it won’t do any good.  I respect the fact that he has his life.  I’ve certainly got one myself.  There is no good or valid reason why we can’t be friends, other than the fact he doesn’t want to.  A guy he introduced me to as one of his friends, who I think is also gay hasn’t heard from him in a few years either.  Makes no sense, other than the fact he was raised to hate gay people. We aren’t bad people, we just like dick.  It doesn’t mean we are going to try to recruit you or try to have sex with you.  The world is filled with lots of different people which is what makes it an interesting place.  Can you tell I went to bed thinking about him and I have had him on my mind most of the morning.  I guess it’s just time to let go but I have such difficulty with that.  Too many memories and things we went through.  What is worse he was right outside my office when the photo was taken. So close but yet so far away.

So my next BIG subject to write about is Big Boy.  He gets so winded very easily.  I thought about taking him to the vet on Sunday but then the tire thing happened and I got behind on laundry and well it sort of fell to the side.  Last night he didn’t sleep with me.  Not sure what that is all about, other than he probably doesn’t feel good.  I fed him this morning and he initially didn’t like what I gave him.  I thought we were headed down a bad road, but switched him to his favorite and he started chowing down.  He eats like a horse, which is part of the problem.  The vet will freak out again when we take him back.  Telling us he has to loose weight it’s critical for his health.  Yeah, okay.  If you were on death row would you want to loose weight and eat diet food?  I think not.  Give me all of the calories, fat and other bad things I’m headed for death might as well go out with a good tummy full of food.  So anyway he has been taking his medicine.  We are stepping down back to normal doses tonight.  I would really like to get 6 months before we had to take him back.  However, we may not have that chance.  I will keep an eye on him and if things continue to decline then he will have to go back.  If I wait too long he could easily drowned to death and well that isn’t the way I want to see him go out.  Poor big fella he is on my mind as well.  I just wish there was some way to save him, especially after all of the money we have tied up in him.  We got an extra 2 years and well no matter how much extra time we get it won’t be enough.

That brings us current.  Now on to Monday morning.  Ugh.  I got one of the last spots in the garage, but when I back out tonight it’s going to be rough.  Been dealing with Facebook.  The only way to really get their attention is to have an account.  If you’re an outsider they won’t do a whole lot for you.  So I created a dummy account.  I managed to put in a claim for each page to get me made the admin of the page.  If that happens, then I can close them down.  One of the pages I couldn’t do a thing with so I had to ask for the credentials.  I took ownership of that page and in the next 14 days it will be removed.  However, I was able to pull it off line right away.  That’s a good thing.  So 1 down and about 7 more to go.  Jeez!

Friday I will have to go back to the office that is close but has the million mile drive to it.  They have another computer that needs to be replaced.  I should be getting a couple new machines in today or tomorrow.  So I figure why not try to get an early weekend and go down to swap it out.  Shouldn’t take more than an hour tops.  If they have nothing else for me to do, then I will be able to leave.  Usually they pool stuff so when I walk in I think I am there for 1 thing but then get hit with 6 more.  I used to work with a couple sales guys like that.  They would call for help with 1 thing, then as you were wrapping up the call they hit you with 2 or 3 other things.  Suddenly you found yourself on the phone way longer than you wanted to be.  I am not big on surprises like that, just lay it all out and let me know what needs to be done.  I will take care of it. 

Wow, we are like 50 minutes away from lunch.  I bought this super sub the other day at the store.  I can’t wait to sink my teeth into it.  Oh get this Friday we had a food day here at work.  No one opened what I brought but someone took it home.  I’m not too happy about that but there isn’t a whole lot I can do.  It was a store bought item.

Tonight I am not sure what is on the menu but I know I have to hit the grocery store up again.  We need Lemons for fish.  I forgot Pineapple Juice, it’s my new thing and I love it.  Plus I have to get some eye drops because my eyes always manage to itch after I leave the house.  Plus it’s trash night.  Ugh!  I just want my ice pack for my foot and everything else will fall into place, or so I think. 

Well off to scour the net and pass more time.  I hope that you had a great weekend.  Take care and I will talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

I love pineapple juice too! One restaurant where we mostly go for breakfast serves it and I always get it.

I hope you get your early Friday!