I made it out of the house, yay! Headed to an old place that I used to go for breakfast. Ordered an old favorite. It’s basically a breakfast pizza. It’s nothing more than eggs, cheese, potatoes, and sausage gravy on a slightly thick bread. This dish leaves me satisfied but not full. I always want to order something else and the few times I have I am always sorry because then things catch up and I am stuffed and in pain. So, knowing my limits I opted to pay my bill and leave.
While I was eating breakfast, I got a notification that my home internet has an internet outage and restoration is expected by 10:30a. I thought that was reasonable considering it was 7a. 10:30am has come and gone, now the eta for restoration is 3:30p and it wouldn’t shock or surprise me if they extended that. Just got the update they are now saying 6:30p. I am not holding my breath; this sounds like something major is wrong and it will take them a while. My security cameras were the next thing to chirp out an alert. Last to alert me when I finally returned home was my burglar alarm, it doesn’t send any notification, it just beeps to make you go to the panel and see what the issue is. That got annoying so I disconnected the system from WIFI temporarily until it’s fixed.
Next stop was the post office. I was surprised to find something from my homeowners insurance waiting for me. They say that I changed my name or address, but I looked over the documents they sent, and everything is the same and correct, nothing changed. It didn’t affect the policy. I thought it was funny when I saw the list of discounts they are giving me. One of them is a hail resistant roof. You only have that if you get an upgraded architectural shingle or have a metal roof of which I have neither. Guess they will be surprised if I ever file a hail damage claim. I’m banking on being able to file one so that I don’t have to cover the cost of the next roof, but I’ve got a couple more years before it will be necessary.
Next stop was the grocery store. I was so calm and collected when I walked in the door. It felt good but sadly it was only a temporary feeling. Some new muffin bars caught my eye, and I decided to try them. That’s the only thing that I wouldn’t have normally purchased.
Final stop was home. Glad to know the internet was out, so I had to turn WIFI off on my phone so I could disarm my alarm before I opened the door. I took the tip from the installer who said to turn off entry delay, no sense in giving a burglar any delay. It’s a good thing but if you forget and open the door you trigger the alarm. Thus far I haven’t set it off, but I know the day is coming when I will.
Got my hotspot going on my phone and connected my Roku so I could watch TV before nap time. I started to dose off but the cats had my bed, and I didn’t want to fight them. Rudy must have picked up on my feeling because he got up and walked right over to me. I said Well if you’re giving up the bed I am climbing in. I laid down and couldn’t fall asleep, but I did try. Mora snuggled up with me for a bit. Rudy took the chair and waited for a while before he decided to press his luck and ask for lunch.
Eventually Rudy did his dance, and I got up and passed out lunch. Got my medicine set out. Saw the neighbor’s kid doing trimming work. Kind of lost interest in my normal routine for the day. All though I do still need to take care of the litter and trash.
Planning on heading back out for supper. Still a toss up between Cracker Barrel and Mexican Food but Mexican Food has the lead now. Thankful for having a hot spot on my phone, otherwise I would be super bored instead of just bored. Then again, it might be a motivator for me to accomplish more instead of sitting around. Looking forward to the internet being restored if not this afternoon, then for sure by the morning. I can connect to work through the hotspot but would much prefer my home internet.
Hope that you’re having a good day and all is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment