25 September 2026

BARE MINIMUM FRIDAY

We made it to Friday, yay!

The morning started off early for me, woke up around 6a thanks to my body. Rudy came in and was resting on top of me. He got settled and spun around so he was facing the door, as if there was any threat that is going to enter. If there was, I’m sure he would run and hide. Anyway, I let him sit for a few minutes before I decided to let him know I was awake. That’s when he commenced with his happy dance, aka biscuit making. He nuzzled my face and gave me a love bite on my chin. We got up and started the day.

I still had nothing big going so I logged in upstairs and got comfy on the couch. Noodled around a little bit at work and then sat and waited to see what the day would bring. After a couple hours nothing had come in. I was growing tired and decided to head off to my bedroom to lay down. Both cats were sleeping.

No sooner than I got comfy in my bed with my trusty phone by my side, both came in. Mora snuggled up next to me and Rudy got in between my legs and laid down. We watched a little TV and as I was enjoying and appreciating the experience, that’s when things started up at work. Go figure. I sit and wait in anticipation for hours with nothing but if I step away for a moment that’s when all hell breaks loose.

I wound up getting into it with a manager from another team. He was being stupid and telling me to do something that I told him I had already done. I put him in his place because I’m tired of BS and just don’t want to deal with outright stupidity. I’m sure that wasn’t a career endearing move, but no one called me on it. I’m worrying about it more than I should be.

I saw something on social media two Fridays in a row that said essentially that Friday is the day of the week to do the least just to get by. I decided to adopt that methodology and thus far it seems to be slightly working for me. It would be nice to have our work week changed to 4 days instead of 5 and while that bill is kicked around, I honestly don’t think there is a chance that it will pass. Too many companies and lobbyists will probably make sure of that. Still, I can hope and dream, there is no charge for that.

Then the afternoon rolls around and I wound up joining a meeting a half hour before it even began. I realized my mistake quickly and left. Joined back up when it was time. Had to listen to my boss and see his fat face. He yammered along with the vendor we were meeting with. The meeting was over and then he had us join him in a meeting afterwards to recap what happened in the meeting, we had to listen to him compose an email (which is normal). He likes to have an audience when he is sending emails but it’s annoying to me and a waste of our time. Maybe no one else minds but I sure do. Not like I can do anything about it though.

Fetched the trash barrel early this morning, it felt nice out at 58 degrees. Compared to the hot and humid weather we had last week. My AC has for sure run a lot less this week.

Finished off the Lasagna Soup last night. Surprisingly the cats left me alone, which was nice. I didn’t go to bed hungry, but I really wanted something sweet before I called it a night.

My next food dilemma is do I want Chili for Supper or Chicken Pot Pie. They both sound appealing to me. I am going to look to see what the expiration date is on the Chili and that will make my decision for me. I know I’m going to enjoy whichever one I decide on.

Not sure if it’s my new neighbor or a helper of theirs but someone rode up on a motorcycle yesterday. It was parked on the street all day long. Once it got dark and everyone was settled in there was a loud crack as it started up. Scared me and the cats at the same time. I hope that is not a regular thing that I have to listen to. It’s a quiet neighborhood for the most part. Once and a while we get someone advertising, they have a stereo or a loud car but otherwise it’s quiet. I enjoy that and know that is one of the big draws to our neighborhood. It’s busy at times but still even with normal pedestrian and automobile traffic folks tend to be silent and that’s not a bad thing in my book.

Thinking a little bit of the hot college guy and really wanting some companionship. I don’t feel nearly as low as I did last weekend. I have a sense that feeling might be coming back especially with the weekend approaching and me having nothing but time on my hands. Hopefully it doesn’t return because it is no fun. I am horned up, at least that is something that I can take care of on my own. It is a great way to end the day and drift off to sleep. Hopefully, I have enough strength to make it happen.

Now bring on the weekend or at least Saturday. I enjoy that day the most, especially knowing that I have the next day off. I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: