21 September 2026

Sober Reality

I am still thinking about the hot college guy that was here on Saturday for the column work. I unfortunately am head over heels for him. I’m glad that I didn’t send a friend request to the social media profile that I thought I found for him. It’s got some nice/sexy photos of a guy but upon second reflection, I am more “sober” today (not that I’ve ever been drunk). What I mean by that is a little less ruled by infatuation and my dick. Anyway, there’s no way that guy is him. It is some other hot guy that shares the same name. I had it all worked out in my mind that I’d send a friend request and then if he accepted I could make a move and see where things went. I am glad that I woke up and realized it wasn’t him before I did something stupid.

I feel something in my heart about this guy. I am awestruck by his beauty and enjoyed the conversation that we had. They call it hindsight because you reflect on something. It’s always 20/20. I’m telling myself that I should have made a move. I know he said something about wanting to be a doctor, then a wife and family. That leads me to believe he is likely straight.

The only social media profile that I know is his, is the one his college mentioned because he is a popular athlete. It’s set to private and there is only one post. Looks like he has plenty of friends based on the counters. I have a public profile on that platform but there is no content. I am thinking of setting my public profile private, adding some content and sending him a friend request to see if he accepts it. Time is on my side here but the longer I go the less likely he will be to remember me. My heart is a mess because I kind of feel like I let something pass by that I shouldn’t have. Yeah, I tend to fall for a guy quickly based on looks. This guy’s exterior looked tough and had I not talked with him I wouldn’t know otherwise.

While I want to get to know more about him and see if there is something there. Having others around could have prevented him from asking me. It for sure prevented me from asking him. He does appear straight to me and that is likely the case. Since I tend to fall for the straight guys. He knows where I live and could easily hop in his car and drive over and knock on the door. While I am old enough to be his father and that might be intimidating to him, he’s got more muscle than I do.

I should probably just let this go, that way there is no risk of real rejection or anything beyond that happening. I’m sure if I press this that I will probably wind up getting hurt emotionally. It is just that my heart is telling me to press, if you don’t try then you will never know. I’m smart enough that if I ask and get a no that I don’t press the issue. I move on, always have and always will. Emotions can be tricky to deal with, especially when it involves the heart. Still letting this go is something that I will likely do. I mean if there was no romantic interest there, we could just be friends, but I don’t think someone as young as him wants some old man for a friend.

On a different note, the mistake maker apparently has some illness making its way around his house, so he is out today. Says that he will be back tomorrow. Of course it happens during the week he is on call. I’ve been pulling the weight thus far. It’s not been horrible, but we did have a busy flurry this morning. The boss sounds like he is going to take tomorrow off, which sounds great to me, wouldn’t upset me if he was out for longer. He told me that he wants to surprise his son and do something with him spontaneously since the kids on fall break. Fall break, school just started. I never had one of those when I was in school. The most I had to look forward to was a holiday for a couple days at Thanksgiving and then again Christmas/New Years. Outside of that and the occasional Federally observed holiday, school was open way more than I think it is today for most kids. Then again, the world is a very different place today than the world I grew up in.

One or both cats apparently got sick overnight. I unknowingly stepped into something when I went to turn the light on in my room after having breakfast. Rudy didn’t like the first can I put out so I had to open a second can before he would eat. I think he’s the one who got sick. He ate lunch no problem. Both are resting now that lunch is done. Mora knows that I’m hurting so she comes over to cuddle with me, she can read me like a book, and I don’t have to say a word. At least I can lean on her a little bit. I am going to try to brush them to see if that doesn’t help quell this getting sick. I hate cleaning up messes but it’s worse when you step in it never knowing it was there in the first place. Do that in the dark in the middle of the night and wow it’s a hell of an instant wake up call.

Here’s hoping that I decide on the guy and stick with it, regardless if it’s right or wrong. That the week isn’t too bad and meetings are kept to a minimum. Anxious for the weekend as usual. I’m still looking at jobs but there really isn’t anything that appealing that I have found thus far. Tune in again to find out what happens. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

RB said...

You think he's straight? He's an athlete in great shape. What is the age difference? Would making a move really be the right move?

Jeremy Ryan said...

I do think he's straight. I didn't ask his age but if I go by what I found online roughly 30 years. The age gap was the same between me and my late spouse, it wasn't a problem for us.