12 September 2026

Change Of Plans

Today started out way too early in the morning when my insomnia kicked in. I made it back to bed to get a few more hours of sleep. Rudy woke me at 7a and wanted his breakfast. I got up and fed him and his sister. I went back and watched TV with the intention of returning to bed, but my body wouldn’t let me. I headed to the kitchen and cracked open a fresh box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It was the “Large Box” and before I knew what happened I had consumed ½ of the box. I love that stuff! Factor in my sugar addiction, I know it’s not good for me, but that doesn’t stop it from being so delicious!

I got my morning medicine taken and then returned to watch TV. Eventually returning to bed which was my end game. Mora snuggled up with me, and we had a nice nap time. Rudy passed out in my recliner, which seems to be his new “go-to” spot when it’s time for bed. At night they both stay with me for a while before they leave and head to the living room. Then usually closer to wake-up time one or both will return. Typically, it’s just Rudy and he climbs in bed with me and waits to do his biscuit making dance!

I got out of bed and took a shower early in the afternoon. I got dressed after with the full intentions of leaving for a bite to eat.

I threw the laundry in and then thought about how I had some left over Lasagna Soup and opted to stay home and eat that. Then I dove into that Chocolate Cake for a few bites. I like to nurse it so that I can make it last for days but not terribly long. It’s so good and is much better with milk than soda.

Rudy bugged me the whole time I was eating my soup, it didn’t come out of a can, but he saw me scraping the container and banging my spoon on the large mug I was putting it in. He automatically thought that I was making a feast for him, despite the fact I had opened a fresh can of food for him just prior to this. He got under my feet and kept pestering me with the hope that I would give in, but I am strong and no matter what he does I resist because as soon as you give in, they remember and will keep coming back for more.

After I was done with my early supper, I loaded the dishwasher up and watched more TV. I brushed both cats. Hopefully, that will keep them happy, and they won’t leave me any unwanted surprises. Once the dishes were done, I had another load of laundry to do so I got up. I headed to the garage first to charge my vehicle’s battery and check the tire pressure. Pressure was a little low but that is all fixed now. Then returned inside and washed my hands. Grabbed the laundry and headed down.

The contractor I hired to replace the column on the front porch should be here on Tuesday or Wednesday, so I wrote out a check for them to have it on hand. I am waiting for an update before I tell my boss, I’d like to know for sure which day they plan on being here. I really wish they would have surprised me and shown up today.

Had to restart the PC to get a final Windows Update applied. I hate doing that because then I have a slight fight on my hands when I log back in to make sure everything is up and running. I updated a couple programs that were out of date.

Have been pacifying Mora with her craving for attention. She must be in my lap, and I must be petting or scratching her. It lasts for a while then either she leaves on her own or I send her packing. Very much like a boomerang she will return and ask for more. Sometimes it’s within a few minutes and other times an hour can go by. She loves being in the center and I don’t think she likes the computer since that steals my focus but if she is near me, she seems content.

I got a hell of a shock when I peeked on an app at gas prices. Damn they have really jumped high again. I kind of expected it to be just not so soon. I kind of think that the new normal will be $4 to $5 a gallon for gas. Thankfully I don’t need Diesel, I feel super sorry for the folks that do because that stuff is quite a bit more than gas.

Overall, I am happy with the freedom that I had to do what I wanted to. I wish that I would have gotten out, and I know tomorrow that I will have regrets. However, I will also be going out for breakfast and plan on hitting some place up for supper. Mexican, American and BBQ all sound quite appealing to me. I’ve also got to hit up the grocery store in the morning and grab the mail. It’s fun to be lazy but it also can confuse me on what day of the week it is. Bad enough to have a holiday fall on a Monday.

Hope that you had a great day and were able to relax. Time to grab the laundry and head up, fight to make my bed and get ready as another day has turned to night, time to close my eyes and say goodnight!

No comments: