Welcome
I opted to take one additional day off as sick just because I could. I didn’t feel like going back and I know I won’t feel like it tomorrow either. The only thing that is motivating me to go back is that if I took another sick day I would need a doctor’s note to return. I could play that card and wind up taking the rest of the week off but I have to go back eventually. I saw my inbox this morning and there is way more stuff to sift through. The longer I am out the longer it will take me to catchup and might as well get it over. I am sure I will probably feel a bit better going back because my mind will be focused on work rather than how much I dislike my job and how in general unhappy I am.
On the bright side I got an update from the contractor I hired for the column on my porch and they expect that they will be here next week to take care of it. Kind of wish I would have found them sooner. I found them on social media and it was a blind call that I made. I made a lot of those before I found these folks and I will be happy to put this behind me. I think the present column could make it through this winter but I’d rather not take the chance.
The cats have really enjoyed the extra couple days with me. Rudy has tried to work me for food but when I don’t give in he goes and eats what was set out for him. He catches me looking at him and he stops eating and covers it up like he doesn’t like it. They are both a hand full at times but I love them so much and they do provide entertainment. I am glad they are here.
Just got caught up on finances and paid a couple of bills. Been watching Roseanne all day long and I’ve been awake for the bulk of the day. If all goes well I will finish the series before my subscription renews. I’d feel pretty good about that.
Here’s hoping that I get a good nights sleep and actually take the plunge into going back tomorrow. Hope all is well in your world.
No comments:
Post a Comment