Happy Monday Afternoon,
How’s that for a greeting? I woke up this morning feeling better than I have had in a while. I was up a couple of times last night, but it didn’t seem to affect me. Rudy came to wake me, and I just played like I was asleep because I wanted to stay in bed a bit longer. He went along with it.
It seemed to be one thing after another this morning, and I was late logging on to work but I made it eventually. Things were calm and I was caught up rather quickly on my to-do list. I stuck around for a bit longer as I goofed off on the web, outside of work. Something came in and I was able to jump on it and then after a bit I was able to shift to working upstairs and be with the cats.
I got the vibe last night that Rudy wasn’t feeling well. Perhaps he was just being himself, but it was concerning to me. He appears all normal today, which is a good thing. Cats are the masters of disguise, and you think they are all fine, but they can be hurting or suffering, and we just never know. I think I know my two feline friends rather well, that mixed with my experience of living with 7 cats I think gives me a good edge. I never want to visit the vet but there are times when you simply must.
Today has been dull but there were a couple things that managed to upset me. My boss being in micro manager mode didn’t help but I think I sent a strong back the fuck off vibe. He has left me alone ever since.
Yesterday, shortly after my first post went up my internet came back early. My provider said that the outage was still going on but that my connection was restored. It had the possibility of going down but thankfully, it did not.
I hit up the new Mexican place, and it was a mistake. I was craving that new special sauce they have. It just hits so good, but I forget that there is a spice or fire that is delayed. I kind of over did it a bit. My food was just okay, nothing special. I got charged for another table and had to get that fixed. It’s going to be a while before I go back there. Kind of wish I would have gone with my usual Mexican place the food there is superb.
Had a nice ride and enjoyed getting back out, despite it being hot out. When I got home, I needed to update finances and that caused me to make an eye candy post. I realized it had been a very long time, and I know that more of you like pictures rather than reading my blathering. I like photos too but something about writing is more therapeutic to me.
I did some more job searching today and found a couple of jobs that were semi appealing, but I didn’t have qualifications for the jobs and realized that I would be in over my head. There were some lower paying jobs that I thought about. One of which is working for a new grocery store that is opening in a management position. The more I looked the more I decided that while I am not happy with my present job, it’s better to keep what I have. Kind of a situation the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t. I will keep an eye out, but I don’t have high hopes of finding anything. Of course, if I went up and quit that would give me more motivation to look and I am sure that I would regret quitting. That doesn’t stop me from fantasizing about telling them I am done and leaving. I know initially it would hurt them (the company) more than it would hurt me. However, in the end the job search would drag out, and I would wind up settling for less money and possibly less of a position than I have now. I am well thought of in my present environment and am the go-to person for many things that make me feel good, but it also gets tiresome at times. I just wish that I felt better about my present job. I am surprised that I have made it to the 12-year mark, that’s the longest that I have worked at one place. There are monetary incentives for staying and loyalty is rewarded financially at each 10-year mark. Vacation increases as well with time, but I’ve got around 2 more years before I max out on vacation. I think maybe if my team wasn’t so spread out across the US and we all worked in the same office that might make me feel better. However, there are many times that I am thankful that I am not near any of them as all but 1 guy would have been kicked in the nuts by now.
Well, time to go figure out what is for supper and enjoy the time away from work before morning comes around again and I must do it all over. Tomorrow will be a busier day with plenty of meetings. Thankfully there are rarely meetings on Monday’s. I’ve got at least 1 meeting every day this week until Friday. Right now, Friday looks pretty good to me, but then again, all Friday’s look good to me!
Hope you had an amazing day, feel free to tell me all about it if you wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment