01 October 2025

Happy Loctober

I was today years old when I learned that there are actually 2 different meanings to Loctober.  Did you know this too?

In the BDSM/kink community

Originally, Locktober is a month-long kink challenge in which one or more partners consensually participate in chastity play for the month of October.

  • How it works: An individual or partner wears a chastity device, such as a cage, for the entire month, with a "keyholder" in control of the key.
  • Purpose: The practice is a form of consensual power exchange to explore different relationship dynamics. It can involve BDSM elements of dominance and submission, create a feeling of ownership, and deepen intimacy through restraint.
  • Significance: Participants engage in the challenge for various personal reasons, including introspection, testing willpower, and enhancing their sex life through delayed gratification.

In the fitness community

More recently, a separate, unrelated meaning of Locktober has emerged on TikTok and other social media platforms.

  • How it works: Participants "lock in" to personal fitness and self-improvement goals for the month of October.
  • Goals: This typically involves abstaining from vices like processed foods, alcohol, and drugs, while focusing on a strict routine of working out and reading.
  • Origin: The trend appears to have started with a video from fitness influencer Brendan Ruh and is promoted by many self-help and gym-focused social media accounts.
  • Misunderstanding: The fitness-focused trend has led to confusion online, with some straight men co-opting the hashtag without understanding its long-standing history within the kink community.

I personally don’t celebrate Loctober but apparently it’s quite popular from what I have seen on social media.  Lots of guys do it year round.  Speaking about the BDSM Loctober.  I think it’s a little hot but I also think back to the event where some guys purchased a lock that was controlled via an app and the app got hacked and that left the guys who were locked having to cut, pry and otherwise find a way to remove the device.  I’d never turn my genitals over to an app no matter how much it turned me on, there is just too much risk.  Stick with the old fashioned lock and key. 

Woke up to a new match.  I wasn’t able to find it in the app, guess the guy changed his mind. 

Had a lousy nights sleep, stuck in a nightmare and both cats actually came and woke me up.  I was dreaming that my vehicle was stolen.  I stayed awake a little bit and cuddled with both of them.  Then went back to sleep and the nightmare continued right where it left off.  Just to make sure I wasn’t loosing my mind I peeked in the garage this morning and the vehicle is still there.  It was just too real of a dream. 

My stomach started bothering me yesterday afternoon.  It was doing summersaults.  I was thinking of having a Burrito for supper but called that off.  Wound up with a Mac & Cheese BBQ Pork Bowl.  Then hours later I finished off that Strawberry Cheesecake Hagen Daz.  I skipped lunch and just had a breakfast bar & soda so I’d at least have some energy.  Guess my stomach didn’t like that idea. 

Wasted some time with a horrible movie just because I knew of one of the people in it.  I hung on for as long as I could but eventually had to change to something else.  It was just that bad. 

Hope your week is going well!

No comments: