11 October 2025

Saturday

I’ve been watching interviews with the cast of Boots on YouTube.  It’s been fun and from what I can tell they are hoping for a 2nd season but nothing official has been announced yet.  I didn’t know it but the series actually took 2 full years to shoot.  That’s a long time and being able to binge watch it in just a matter of hours, mind blowing.  I’d love to see a blooper reel, that would be enjoyable. 

Work has been a little busy but we have made it to the weekend so I only have to finish today and tomorrow and then my on-call turn is done.  Each year as we get closer to the end I count down how many times I have left to be on-call.  I’ve got 4 weeks left and then we will start all over again.  It averages out to somewhere between 17 and 18 weeks total with two of those being holiday weeks.  Honestly, nothing much happens over any holiday but that proved to be wrong a couple years back on Christmas for me.  This year I’ve got Thanksgiving and the day after.  I kind of miss being hourly because you got money just for the inconvenience of being on-call and then if you got any calls or had to do any work you could charge in 15 minute increments and it would be paid as overtime.  Since everyone on my team is salaried none of us get overtime and as I like to say, it all pays the same.  Not that we all make the same amount of money, but that is largely a secret.  If I had to venture a guess I am the second highest paid person out of my 2 peers.  Just a guess though.  Talking about how much you earn is discouraged but it’s not illegal.  However, doing so stirs up jealous feelings so your better off not knowing. 

New car fever is still running high.  I saw a 0% finance offer and offers like this are going to be more common place as not a lot of folks are buying cars right now, so the automakers are incentivizing this and as the year draws to a close look for the deals to get better.  At least that is what I hear.  Thus far I have held off but I am thinking of going to check out a couple vehicles tomorrow morning.  You can visit car dealers on Sunday’s here and they are closed so no one will be there to bother you.  I’d love to go for a test drive but that will only further sell me so until I am serious I am better off just looking. 

Had my usual Friday night / Saturday morning bought of insomnia.  I was up for three hours and struggled to get back to sleep.  Had to be up at normal time (7a) because I had a haircut scheduled.  I tried to nap but only dozed for a bit then a cat, my phone or some noise would wake me.  I never did get any solid sleep.  Rudy started bugging me around 1p and I just got up.  He already had his lunch but he knew that I was wasting away. 

I worked on a letter that I had been fine tuning.  Got it printed and ready to mail.  Started some laundry.  Then felt like my sugar was dropping.  That’s when I threw on some clothes and left.  Got some Mexican food.  Then on the way home grabbed the mail and hit up the cat food store.  Here I am poking away at the computer.  Surfing, paying bills and just generally occupying time. 

Got some TV to consume on the DVR and 2 cats to brush and nails to trim.  They both have scratched me up and it’s time to trim before they do some serious damage.  Neither of them is a fan of nail trims.  I totally get it as I hate to cut my own nails.  However, it’s just part of life.  I know they make nail caps that you can glue on to the end of the claw after it’s trimmed to help keep them from sharpening those little knives but I don’t know that I could get either of them to hold still long enough to slip them on much less to allow time for the glue to try before they tried ripping them off.  I’ve never done it but have been tempted.  A lot of people declaw but that’s inhumane it’s like chopping off your fingers at the second knuckle.  Totally not an option for any cat of mine.  However, vets still do it and now they use lasers instead of a scalpel.  Ouch!

Hope that your having fun, enjoying some rest and relaxation, some good entertainment and of course great food.  Take care of yourself because your the only you there is.  Talk with you again soon!

No comments: