13 October 2025

Monday, Monday

…queue the music (Monday Monday by the Momma’s & The Papas)

I hope that it’s a good Monday for you. 

I made it to Red Lobster and wow I should have gone to the other place I had in mind.  I walked right in, had a little bit of a wait but got seated within a couple minutes. 

Then came the wait to get my order in.  My waitress dropped off biscuits and said she would be back.  Wow that was like 20 minutes later.  If you eat a Red Lobster Biscuit with no drink nearby do it slowly otherwise you will be miserable. 

I got my order placed.  Then I waited for another 10 minutes before I got my drink.  I sipped it and said this is not Diet.  I don’t know what it is but it’s not Diet.  I tasted a bit of Cherry but someone messed with it for sure.  She passed it off as they had carbonation issues and tried to get me to switch to juice.  I told her brink me another diet soda.  She got it from a different dispenser and it was okay.  I nursed it slowly and sparingly to make it last for the entire meal. 

The lady across from me was on her 3rd try of a Diet Soda and she left all of them, so it wasn’t just me. 

My food was up pretty quick and enjoyable.  I polished it off and was quite full.  Paid my bill and left.  Glad to put the whole thing behind me. 

Got the vehicle washed and came home.  Made it just in time to pass out treats.  I was a bit early but Mora didn’t seem to mind. 

I’ve taught her a new trick somehow.  She loves to look in the garage when I come home and have to carry things in, like groceries.  I can leave the door open and she will just stand watch.  Before she would leap out and start walking around.  I can tell that she wants to do the same thing but I just say stay like I am talking to a dog and she seems to understand.  Of course I will only let her do this when the garage door is closed because otherwise she would see a bird and bolt or so I am afraid, were never ever going to find that out. 

I felt kind of run down as the evening wore on.  Wound up winding down a bit early and while I could have easily laid down and passed out I opted to sit up for a while.  I know that falling asleep too soon would result in insomnia. 

I watched a documentary on HBO called The Alabama Solution.  It’s all about the Prison system there.  From what I saw it looks like hell on earth.  I realize Prison isn’t supposed to be a cake walk but from what the story told the living conditions are in humane, beyond over crowded and media isn’t allowed inside.  Guards kill or seriously injure prisoners just because they can.  I will never ever set foot in Alabama because their justice system is more like a Kangaroo Court.  Their Governor is a female and looks like she belongs in a retirement home to me as she doesn’t know how to do her job.  Just watch the documentary and you too will understand why this was upsetting to see. 

My lower back is bothering me and my nose has started up.  I feel okay otherwise.  If I am getting sick it’s coming about the slow method.  I think this is all allergies and my back I think has something to do with how I slept. 

Glad I am no longer the on-call person.  I’ve taken care of business and tasks.  Now I think I am headed up to rest until someone needs me.  That will probably happen minutes after I get comfy upstairs with the cats. 

Didn’t realize it but apparently USPS (aka The Post Office) is closed today for Indigenous Peoples Day.  Just in case you wonder why you have no mail. 

Take care and I will talk with you all again soon! 

 

No comments: