07 October 2025

A little sore

Morning

As you might expect I am a little sore after my unexpected trip yesterday, falling down the stairs.  My arms, my neck and my left ankle.  The rug burns I have bother me a little bit but it’s not unbearable.  I consider myself pretty lucky all things considered.  I held on to my iPhone and water bottle as I was falling.  I was a little surprised that my iPhone didn’t dial emergency services (9-1-1) but I am also thankful that it didn’t.  I certainly didn’t need them or want the extra attention. 

Now for the question I have pondered for sometime now.  Since I was working from home, does this qualify as a workplace injury?  It’s probably a question I will not get an answer to.  I didn’t tell a sole at work about it and have no plans to.  Yesterday would have been a “legal” work from home day. 

Today I should be in the office.  We are having a fire drill and I will be all comfy at home.  No walking down a bunch of steps having my legs turn to jell-o, no waiting in a large crowd of people for an elevator.  Plus no alarms or strobes to listen or look at.  I should probably be there but hey I know all about fire drills, I’ve been there for years and know how they work.  We do have some rain pushing into the area so this might get moved to a different day but I’d just as soon get it over with so we can put it behind us. 

Today is the last day of so called freedom for me as my boss returns from his vacation tomorrow.  I am not looking forward to going back to dumb meetings, hearing him ramble on and getting a ton of junk emails.  However, I knew taking comfort in his absence would have an eventual end.

I really wanted to take the last week of the month off but turns out I am on-call.  So, I will wait until next month and take a week.  That should leave me with another week or just about a week to burn before the end of the year, which seems to be rapidly approaching. 

Here’s hoping that it’s a great day for all of us.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: