Hi there and welcome in. So much for a calm Monday. Went to the meeting with the boss and he yammered on. I really hate when he shares his screen and then dictates his response to an email as he is typing it. I think it’s rude and I really don’t need to hear & see what he is typing, unless it’s about me. He bumbled around a piece of software trying to figure something out and then told me to remind him about it next month. Yeah okay I’m not doing that, keep track of your own to do items I’m not your daddy. No one reminds me to do anything I am self sufficient.
Things picked up from there and I was able to break for lunch and have that left over pizza. Which oddly tasted a little better cold. I came back to work early because things were starting to stack up. Then a co-worker on another team tried to tell me how to do my job just because he was promoted to stupidvisor he thinks he can boss me around. I nipped that and made sure to copy in his boss, his bosses boss and my manager so that should give them all something to talk about. That set me off for the afternoon. As if that wasn’t bad enough once I caught my breath and headed upstairs there was a slight and I do mean slight lull.
I had time to grab my Amazon package from the porch and use the bathroom. Then fight with the packaging to free my purchase. That’s when the emails started coming in hot and heavy. There was a last minute request for something that was needed for tomorrow. I passed that on to my mistake making colleague. He bit for it saying that he could take care of it in a few hours thinking that I’d say never mind I will do it myself and instead I told him that was okay and thanks for taking it. Wow talk about something backfiring. He didn’t finish it until this morning but there was no way I was jumping and taking it. People don’t plan well in our environment they like to spring things on others. I had it yesterday between being told how to do my job and the last minute request I was just over it and said fuck this I am not jumping.
There were other things coming in and I took care of as much as I could jumping around like a chicken with his head cut off. Eventually I got tired and said it’s too damn late in the afternoon to keep this up. I am done for the day and that was all she wrote.
I went out to test my battery and then hook up the new charger. It’s really nice and it seems to do a good job. I’ve checked on it a couple times and it’s still maintaining the charge like it said it would. While it’s warmer outside we still have some cold nights. I do think that this battery is on it’s last legs and will need to be replaced sooner rather than later. My next investment will be for a jump box so that I don’t wind up stranded or having to wait on the auto club to send someone out. The cats went crazy when I was doing the unboxing they though it was something for them but I told them both it’s for me.
Finally supper time rolled around. Rudy didn’t like my first choice for his supper so he nibbled and then begged for something else. I gave in and he went to town. He’s only done that a few times and I don’t mind accommodating him once and a while. It’s learned behavior and I don’t want him to think he can get away with it all the time. My supper was something that I think most will find strange. Store bought Mostaccioli and I ate it with Saltine Crackers. I did that once when I was sick and it was a damn good combo to me so I go back to it. It wasn’t nearly as good as the first time but it was still enjoyable.
Watched The White Lotus and had some Chocolate Ice Cream. Also took in Last Week Tonight. Then watched some YouTube. By then it was time to get a shower. Both cats were passed out and oblivious to the fact that I was getting ready for morning and then taking a shower. When I was done I peeked out and was surprised to find Mora staring at me but Rudy was still asleep. Mora joined me after I was situated in my room watching TV and Rudy came in a short time later. He settled down and then sprang up and ran off. He got the urge to play and went to do that. Then came back and fell asleep in my lap and by then I had to disturb him because I was ready to climb in bed.
Best news of all is that my cyst or whatever it is has shrunk. I have to think that this is attributable to the antibiotic. If I knew for sure that would have fixed me up I would have stabbed this thing a long time ago. If this continues the doc might not have anything to look at but the photos I’ve taken of it. It was bothering me last night but I noticed that the swelling was decreasing which I thought was odd. I’m still watching it and taking the antibiotic.
Here’s hoping that today is not only calmer but that I don’t have any unpleasant interactions. It’s bad enough there are two meetings with the boss today and I know he will be yapping a lot. Glad that is’ my Thursday but wishing that it was my Friday. I’ve got the power to make it my Friday but not doing that. I took time to get caught up from yesterday afternoon before I put this together and it’s kind of calm now. I am going to enjoy the lull for as long as it lasts.
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment