Woke up this morning to find out there was no temperature outside. It was zero. Yikes, it’s damn cold here. We should be out of the deep freeze by Saturday or so they say. Meanwhile my poor car battery is suffering. The charger that I had claimed it would trickle charge but I found out with some testing last night that is not the case. I placed an order for a better battery charger from Amazon and it should be here bright and early tomorrow morning. I look forward to getting it hooked up so that it can take better care of my battery. It’s supposed to be able to repair damage but I’m not holding my breath on that. According to my test tool the life of my battery has declined since I started this charging cycle over the weekend we went from 70% life to 65% life. I don’t know if that’s totally accurate or if the cold factors into it. It wouldn’t surprise me that the cold has a lot to do with it.
I am eager to get on the road on Saturday but that won’t happen without some testing first. I want to make sure that everything electrical is working so I don’t wind up on the side of the road or worse yet stopped dead in traffic. I don’t believe there are issues just that the damn cold weather wreaked havoc on the battery. It will be in the shop next Friday and I will have them do a double check for me. It’s time for an oil change. Actually I am early but oil is cheap and engines are expensive, no reason not to change it early. It’s worked well for me thus far and I see no reason to change.
I’ve seen some ads and New Car Fever is still in my blood but I continue to resist in the hopes that I can build up my savings. I am also not yet convinced the auto makers aren’t producing quality products just yet. I don’t want to buy something only to have some silly recall issued. I know that happens from time to time but I want to avoid it if at all possible.
Supper last night was a Chicken Pot Pie. It was frozen and when I put it in the microwave I saw that it was actually expired as of last month. Still it tasted fine and was quite good. Tonight is Chicken Fried Steak from the grocery store. I will half it and that will cover me for tonight and tomorrow. Then I can eat out or do whatever come the weekend.
I got a task to take care of on Saturday for work. It’s quick but requires me to be at home in the late afternoon. It makes sense to me to do a breakfast run and then get an early lupper (lunch & supper combined).
After Mora got her treats last night both cats passed out. To wake them all I had to do was tell them I was headed to bed. That seems to stir them up and they both were waiting for me to play with them. I took care of them and wore them out or so I thought. Rudy had some excess play left in him and he took care of that on his own.
Meanwhile I was back in my room having some much needed fun of my own. I’ve been so tired this week and last night I vowed that I would enjoy some alone time. That was fun and so much so I wanted to do it again. Once just isn’t always enough for me.
Went to bed a little too early because I woke up a couple times during the night. Both cats were in bed with me. Mora by my feet and Rudy was by my side or on top of me depending on which time it was that I woke up. I think they were both cold more than anything but I didn’t turn the heat down at all last night and it felt quite comfy in here.
Watched DOC and St. Denis last night sprinkle in some music and YouTube videos.
On the work front on of the meetings the vendor never showed up so that was good for me. My boss flooded them with emails as he waited on the line for 15 minutes. I’ve got a 5 minute rule and no matter who it is if your not there in 5 minutes then I am gone. I’ve got a meeting that the boss will be at tomorrow morning and as per usual I don’t look forward to it. However, unless something changes today is meeting free so I can savor and enjoy that. It’s been a little busy but nothing I can’t handle.
No one here has bothered to shovel their driveways. I just see tire tracks which tells me it’s not that bad outside. I will find out first hand this afternoon when I set the trash barrel out. I know just going in the garage in a t-shirt and sweats is uncomfortable I know it’s got to be worse if I raise the door. The sun is outside so it looks deceptively warmer out but trust me when I say it is not. Haven’t picked up any movement on the cameras but I do see some paw prints on the back deck.
Happy Friday eve here hoping that today goes by fast and tomorrow even faster. I am eager to get to the weekend even if I have to do some work over the weekend. I’m looking forward to the drive and just relaxing if that is possible.
Take care and stay warm. Thanks for dropping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment