We had another round of snow overnight and all you see outside is white. Looks like 6 inches to me but that is guessing and from my window. Until I get out in it I won’t be able to tell for certain.
If the office was going to close I would have expected it today but I got word yesterday afternoon they were brining in Pizza and opening with a late start. The pizza was an incentive to come in so you didn’t have to pack lunch. That’s thoughtful but wouldn’t be enough of an incentive to lure me in. The roads are a complete mess and the usual warning went out on TV this morning, if you don’t have to go out stay home.
I started on-time from home and it’s nice and toasty warm here. I am beyond happy that this occurred on a week when I was on-call. It’s pretty damn cold out now and that is slowly supposed to get better. By Saturday were back in the 40’s and next week they are saying we will be in the 50’s. Sounds nice but I’m not holding my breath because after all it’s the weather were talking about.
I got a burst of work yesterday that lasted about an hour that was the hardest and longest that I worked all day. No complaints here. I think that the weather has slowed things down a bit.
I was all set today to fire off a zinger to my mistake making colleague but looks like the universe is telling me that it’s not a good idea. Our meeting today got cancelled so I guess I will just let it go and perhaps someone else will find and point out his mistake. I also just found out that he called in so even if the meeting was on he wouldn’t have been there. Seems like since his 2nd child has been born he’s out at least one day every couple weeks.
Since we made it to the middle of the week and it’s generally cold and snowy most places I think that work won’t be terribly busy this week at all and hey I am okay if it turns out that way. While it might make for a longer week I much prefer calm to super busy.
Finished off the burrito and Carrot Cake last night. Also tried a new flavor of Hagen Das called Vanilla, Carmel and Pecan. It’s a little salty but my it’s so good. Expensive but good! Rudy begged the whole time I was eating. He started on my left then moved to my right and when that failed he came up the middle between my legs. He’s so damn cute but I still told him no all three times. I’d say that both cats have really bonded with me but Rudy’s bond really became quite clear over the last couple months. I was up in the middle of the night and he was laying next to me in bed, he waited for my return. I woke up this morning and he was on top of me waiting for me to wake up. I am just so lucky to have two great cats that show so much affection and appreciation to me and each other.
I am still pondering about a long drive on Saturday I am eager to get out but haven’t totally decided on a final destination just yet and likely won’t until it’s actually time to drive.
Meanwhile I will watch the world go by from inside my toasty home with my furry friends. Posted some man candy and if your into guys (which I suspect you probably are) that you enjoy it when it appears a bit later on today. Time to check out some TV while I wait for work to roll in. Only two meetings today and both are after lunch and with vendors, hopefully it will be quick & painless. Still not thrilled about having to hear my bosses voice.
Hope you have a great day and stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment