Morning … Feeling a bit better this morning. I perked up after sitting and watching TV for a while in my bedroom. Watched a talk technology podcast and soon supper time rolled around. I fed the cats and put a frozen pizza in the oven. The house smelled good as it was cooking. That is about as much joy that I got from this. It was a horrible tasting pizza and it was NOT a Tombstone but I wished that it was. There are 3 slices left over and I dread to eat them but probably will at lunch time.
I watched a traveling youtuber who went by rail from Florida to Washington. It was rather interesting he was on several trains and a fairy. The train took him up through Canada and then down to Washington. It was a 39 thousand dollar trip that kind of felt to me like it would never end. Trains were a passion of my late spouse and we went on a few train rides but nothing that lasted overnight. The accommodations for sleeping for private cars doesn’t look bad and the sky (I think that’s what they are called) cars where you are elevated seem like there are some breathtaking views. I’m not a fan of the shower spaces or bathrooms, even in private cars. It doesn’t seem like they are clean enough but perhaps that is just me. I am watching a couple that is traveling in Canada and they have run into a few snags along the way, like a frozen toilet in their private car so they have to use a public bathroom and public shower. Ick.
In any event it looks like there is some fun to be had onboard a train and I think I would enjoy going for a day trip or perhaps something that lasted overnight but nothing beyond that. I think I would loose my mind if I was in a small space much more than that, especially if I was all alone. I’ve never slept in a bed on a train but have been lulled to sleep by the motion of the train.
Several jobs ago a train is how I commuted to work. I’d drive to a station and board then walk several blocks to the office and reverse that going home. My employer paid the fair for the train so it didn’t cost me anything and since I didn’t have to sit in a bunch of traffic it actually saved me money in the long run as well as miles on my then vehicle. Crime was and still is an issue. I never quite felt totally safe but got to know the frequently riders, some were co-workers. Also saw several hot guys. There were some interesting and unpleasant smells in the summer time when the AC could barely keep up. Winter time there was a lot of freezing going on especially with frequent stops and the doors opening and closing. There were some breakdowns as well but I never had to disembark prematurely.
I also looked up cysts last night on YouTube and wished that I had done that before I decided to try to drain this thing on my own. In all likelihood this is a cyst but it’s possible that it could be an aneurism from a varicose vein. My doc originally told me that it was a VV but when I was a kid I was told that it was a cyst. It’s resolved on it’s own before when it flared when I was a teenager. There were a couple of times that it flared up. It varies in size and oh the things I tried as a kid to get rid of it, I am surprised I didn’t do any serious damage. I used the Yellow Pages to try to smack it and I stuck it in a vice and tried to get it to pop. I wound up causing myself way more pain and the family doc at the time didn’t want to do anything with it. In any event I learned the proper way to aspirate. I didn’t use a large enough gauge needle and you really need two hands to do the job along with numbing medication. Some docs aspirate and then follow up with a steroid injection. I also saw the surgical procedure for removing a cyst. It all looks so simple. Mine is in the middle of my wrist on the palm side and there are a bunch of blood vessels around it so I think that would complicate removal but I also learned that removal is looked at as an elective surgery.
I am taking the antibiotic and getting past the itching. It’s painful at times but looks to be shrinking. While I am eager for it to go away I’d really like for it to stick around just long enough for my doc to look at it. The steroid injection looks painful but I am game for it. Regardless if it’s a cyst or an aneurism I want it to be gone and not come back.
In work news the meeting we had on Friday with the boss got pushed due to an emergency. It’s happening in a bit. Then today is wide open. I’ve got two meetings with him tomorrow and another meeting on Wednesday. Then 4 lovely days where I don’t have to hear his voice and/or think about work at all. At least this time when I come back I won’t be on-call but I am sure that I will be buried with a backlog of work to do.
Both cats are doing well. We got in some play time last night. Both slept with me for a while. I had a bit of a rough night but woke up feeling okay. Weather is suppose to warm up in the 50’s today and I think tomorrow and beyond were in the 60’s, so Spring is in the air and that only means that I will be sneezing soon. It’s still going to be cold at night but if this trend sticks around things should be blooming soon.
Hope that you had a great weekend and that today isn’t too bad a of a Monday. I’m headed up for a brief brake and then it will be meeting time. The only good thing for me about today is that I am no longer on call and damn I so cherish the two weeks that I am free of that.
Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment