Morning … Here we are again on another Take it Tuesday as we inch ever so slowly towards the weekend. The weather we were supposed to get turned out to be a non-event and it’s all dry outside. Now we are being told to brace for Wednesday because that is when the real stuff will arrive. From what I hear I could probably brave it and be fine but I’m too old to just take chances. You know eventually your luck runs out and wham bam your in an accident. I’d rather do the safe thing and just stay put besides that it’s easier and the cats like it more.
I ate a cold piece of Fried Chicken for lunch yesterday and no one bothered me. Last night I heated up a plate with a couple pieces and some mashed potatoes and Rudy came alive. He pestered and pestered begging for food. He even covered up his own food as if to say see it’s horrible I want some of yours it’s smells much better. That was a cute trick but it didn’t work. I thought he might climb on the table while I had my back turned to get a biscuit from the microwave but he was a good boy. There is no way I’d leave the room with a plate of food on the table because I know he for sure would get into it and probably summon his sister to join him.
Despite the begging and nagging at meal time they are both pretty good cats. I had some Oreo’s last night and he tried to get in on that as well. If nothing else he is persistent. It works for attention and when he’s hungry and I feel lazy but I just don’t give in when it comes to him or even her eating my food. I’m sure they hate that.
There wasn’t anything on TV last night. I wound up watching more of Season 6 of The Connors on Netflix. I already know how that series plays out because I saw it when it aired on TV but it’s better than channel surfing or trying to find a video on YouTube. I did take a break from TV and finished up a story that I was writing, that passed the time quickly.
The work day ended super early for me yesterday. I went up at 3p and stayed on standby but no one bothered me. For some reason when the clock strikes 4p that seems to be when the next wave rolls in and it was busy but not for me, I just kept hitting delete on emails and watching TV.
Shaved and got a shower last night. The cats were calm which was surprising. Once I settled into my room Rudy was worked up and playing alone but Mora was keeping me company. Eventually he came in and curled up in bed, she was in my lap. After about an hour I felt my sleeping medicine kick in as I fell asleep briefly and woke up. I wanted to stay put because I was comfy but knew that I should get up and I did. Mora wasn’t too happy about that. Watched a little bit more TV from bed and then it was lights out.
I was up around 5a and managed to fall back to sleep. Rudy came in to join me and was trying to curl up next to me and climb on top of me at the same time. I didn’t know what to do. Eventually he climbed on top and fell asleep. Some guard he is, sleeping on the job. He will sense when I wake up and that is when he springs to life. Smiling and making biscuits. He didn’t want to stop this morning but I needed to get out of bed if he wanted food. It felt much better getting up this morning compared to yesterday when I just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep.
As it stands now looks to be a light day with 2 meetings. One mid-morning and that other after lunch. Unless something comes rolling in I will be on standby again and I am okay with that. It does make for a long day but if I am left alone and the phone stays quiet I might be able to sneak in a nap or just enjoy some TV time.
I’ve got plenty of Fried Chicken left to the point where when I am done I won’t be wanting it again for a while. I will say nothing compares to when it’s first brought home all crispy and hot. There is no getting back to that point and heating up mashed potatoes takes forever. I think if I had an air fryer I’d try to reheat the whole thing in there bet that would be nice. Perhaps someday I will get one of those along with a Blu-ray player and a 4K TV but for now I just pop it in the microwave that is good enough for me.
Stay warm and be well. Hope it’s a great day for all!
No comments:
Post a Comment