12 February 2025

The right call

Morning … Much to my surprise late yesterday afternoon I got word that our office would be closed today due to the impending weather.  I can’t recall that I ever saw anyone give forethought to the weather and announce a closing ahead of weather arriving.  It’s usually during the weather event or long after.  Now if I only was hourly I’d have the day off.  From what the forecasters are saying the morning commute is fine.  It’s around 9 or 10a that the weather will start and that’s when things will change.  I can think of a lot of places that I’d like to be stuck but in the office isn’t one of them.  Based on what I am hearing now sounds like 1 to 3 inches of general ick which is made up of snow, sleet and freezing rain.  It’s gonna be super sloppy and slick.  Then were headed back to the deep freeze for a bit.

Things are off to a slow start at work, there are a few things going on but for the most part it’s all quiet at the moment.  There was a huge rush yesterday while I was at lunch and I came back early to catch up.  It was a very busy afternoon that went by in the blink of an eye.  I had a few moments where I thought I was going to loose my mind because I kept jumping between tasks to keep my stellar reputation.  It was madness and looking back on it now a little bit of fun.  Got one meeting today and as per usual I don’t look forward to it, just general yapping most of it by the boss.  Hopefully, it will be quick. 

Had another plate of fried chicken and tonight I will run out of mashed potatoes.  The coleslaw is running light and as per usual I can never get enough of it.  There will be a couple pieces of chicken left and I might just eat them cold rather than have the fight with Rudy.  This is some good eating but I am slowly starting to grow tired of it but I sure am getting my monies worth. 

Watched St. Denis Medical last night along with a couple episodes of the original Night Court and some You Tube videos.  Had some Oreo’s and milk as a snack or desert.  Rudy was by myside on the couch long after his sister left.  She was only buttering me up for treats, she gets in some good cuddle time and then starts begging in her way for treats.  I was a little past 6p last night and she stood up and looked at me and then the clock.  Rudy just snuggled in for a nap and I was enjoying TV.  I realized that I was late and passed out her treats.  Rudy is no dummy he got up and had some as well then came back to snuggle and nap.

The last of the series Cobra Kai will be out on Netflix tomorrow and it supposed to be really good.  I plan on watching.  Hopefully I won’t burn through it too fast.  Got a massage on Friday it’s later than normal.  Haircut on Saturday.  Looking forward to my last quiet weekend since I will be back on call next week.  Ho hum. 

Hope that your well, warm and safe.  Thanks for dropping by.  Take care of yourself and I’ll talk with you all again soon!

No comments: