01 December 2022

Waiting on Friday

Last week at this time I was relaxing and getting ready to go have a large meal with friends.  Last night I finished Thanksgiving finally and am so glad I don’t have to eat more Turkey or Ham.  I’ve never had so many left overs that I was able to last almost a week.  Now it’s back to frozen food and I’m not happy about that but at least there will be some variety there.  I could also make a pizza.  Not sure what will strike my fancy I just know it won’t be Turkey or Ham. 

I had a strange on-call request that came in late.  I was able to remedy that but it caused us to get to bed late.  I wasn’t asleep until 11p.  Gator had me up a few times during the night so I didn’t exactly get a restful amount of sleep and that kind of explains why I am sleepy now since it’s just after lunch.  A nap sounds so good to me. 

I inquired with my backup provider and they are just now preparing the drive.  It may ship out this week but could be as late as early next week.  I miss my data (porn) and really can’t wait to get it back.  I’m a little miffed that paying the cost for the drive doesn’t give priority to my request.  I get that I am not their only customer but if a customer is paying for a drive to be send overnight then that alone should speak that the request is urgent.  I do hope that it ships today it would be nice to have it in hand this week. 

Caught up on some TV and then scoured YouTube as well for my entertainment last night.  I hate watching a laptop screen and trying to relax as well, the two don’t exactly go together. 

Need to get the trash out today while the sun is up and it’s warmer out.  It’s still cold but I really don’t want to walk outside after dark when it will be much colder.

I happened to see a piece of paper in my front lawn yesterday.  I figured it was something from the HOA and wow I was right.  It’s a vote about putting liens on people’s houses as well as tacking on a fee each year that dues go unpaid.  Also some amendment they want to make outlawing chain link fence if it’s visible from the street.  Apparently the whole idea of increasing our dues fell flat on it’s face so that is something to be happy about.  We have roughly 15 to 20 houses that don’t pay each year and considering that I used to be one of them and could easily go back to being one of them I am not in favor of a lien on a property or tacking on fees.  I also voted against the fence BS.  I don’t have a fence but I think you should be allowed to put up what you want and fences regardless of what they are made from aren’t cheap especially if your hiring someone to install it, labor and then the permit you need it’s all way too much.  I really wish our HOA would disband but I don’t feel that will ever happen. 

Looking forward to the weekend just to be able to relax and hopefully get some sleep.  I think I will be in bed early tonight but I suppose you never know until that time gets here.  At some point this afternoon I expect to get my 2nd wind but if that doesn’t happen then I may very well pass out long before it’s time for bed. 

Stay warm, be well and hope your having a great day.  Talk with you all again soon!

No comments: